The best 16 inch chainsaw is an excellent balance between small, more compact chain lengths and larger, longer chains made for heavier, more professional work.
We have highlighted top rated best 16 inch chainsaws that affordable and effective.
16 inch chainsaw is the most recommended size as its not too small nor too large and heavy. You can performing moderate to large cutting tasks as well as the little tasks you have around your house surroundings.
Amazon top 5 bestseller 16 inch chainsaw
[amazon bestseller=”16 inch chainsaw” items=”5″]
Our hand picked 3 Best 16 inch chainsaw
|Best 16 inch cordless chainsaw – Greenworks 16 Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw, 4.0 AH Battery Included 20312
|DEWALT DCCS670X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless 16" Cordless Chainsaw Kit (3.0AH)
|WORX WG303.1 Powered Chain Saw, 16″ Bar Length, Red
- 1. SALEM MASTER 16 inch chainsaw – 42CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered
- 2. MAXLANDER 16 inch chainsaw – 40V Cordless, Brushless
- 3. Greenworks Pro 80V 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Chainsaw
- 4. Milwaukee 2727-20 M18 FUEL 16 in. Chainsaw
- 5. EGO Power+ CS1604 16-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Chainsaw
- 6. Makita XCU04PT1 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 16″ Chain Saw
- 7. Husqvarna 16 Inch 130 Gas Chainsaw (Renewed)
1. SALEM MASTER 16 inch chainsaw – 42CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered
SALEM MASTER Gas-powered Chainsaw features an elegant and light-weight design and great performance. This makes it an ideal tool for gardening, farming and for home use.
Case study 01: As Salem Master is not an well known brand like others, you might hesitate to order this one. However, inspite of being unsure about this chainsaw , someone decided to try it out. After he received it, unpacked the item and putted it all together, he was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product. Once he got it started up he knew that he purchased a quality product. It is a very powerful chainsaw that will cut though 24″ tree within only minutes . It doesn’t have a case , aside from that, this is an amazing item of machinery. And the most appealing thing is that there’s is that you won’t need to be concerned about breaking or cracking as you’re working . Just flip the switch, pull the choke off the ripcord, a few times and you’ll be done with it’s is running.Check Price in Amazon
Case study 02: This saw is a serious power for the price it is. First, it will be pulled cold or hot. He runs about 20 tanks of gasoline through it and completely through two premium Oregon chains while removing 50 years old Hollywood Juniper (hard as well as resinous, with roots that are deep). If you don’t have a lot of land or trade I’d say this saw will work perfectly. If it is dead when you have cleared an equally old yucca plant and yucca, I’ll think it was worthwhile. Oh! ….it’s very noisy for a 60cc or so two stroke. Put on earplugs.
- High Performance
- Superior Quality
- Auto Oiler
- Ergonomic Design
- High Safety
- Easy to assemble and easy to use.
- It doesn’t have a case.
- It’s a bit noisy, need to use earplugs.
Great bang for your buck
2. MAXLANDER 16 inch chainsaw – 40V Cordless, Brushless
MAXLANDER is perfect for cutting down fallen branches. This is perfect for women. It is light and simple to use.
A few things to be aware of. It is mostly reinforced plastic and there is only one wheel to regulate the bar connection as well as a tensioner.
Points to note:
- LESS NOISE
Case study: Based on my experience I was able successfully cut around 5″ diameter trunk that was branching off from the Umbrella Tree, but the chain broke off the bar three times during the process. Finally, I discovered the tension that allowed it to work properly but the knob was to need to be tightened periodically while using it, otherwise the chain would pop off.Check Price in Amazon
The battery, as well as the whole unit are extremely light and simple to use, however consequently that a fully charged battery can last for 15 maybe 20 minutes of usage. It recharges quickly and is ideal for sawing palm trunks, tiny diameter weeds. However, I’m not certain regarding anything larger than five or six” by 6 inches.
I’m pleased with the purchase. Everything works just as it was described. shipping was quick and the product was very well packed and easy to assemble.
3. Greenworks Pro 80V 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Chainsaw
It’s never been simpler to landscape thanks to the Greenworks PRO’s 80V maximum system. The most powerful battery platform for the field of outdoor power equipment, it lets you navigate through entertainment and corporate parks with no gas, zero emissions, and no maintenance.
You can go from a standstill to power at the touch of a button, and it will finish the job that is at hand with lower noise, less vibration and less clutter.
With the addition of batteries, a fast charger that allows for quick charging and a multi-tool compatible platform, you’ll complete your landscaping using all the power and efficiency of gas, while having less cost. It’s not just a job, it’s your entire life.Check Price in Amazon
Case study 01: I’ll admit to being cautious about a battery-powered chainsaw that was cordless. The same worry about poor performance that I faced when I first switched to cordless drills about 20 years back. In truth, even their name “GreenWorks” was a source of concern for me too. I was worried that they were merely taking a ride on the “eco-warrior” hype train instead of. having a focus on building and developing a useful tool. I did some research and read personal and business reviews about the tool and the 80V system. I didn’t come across one negative review and it appeared to be widely praised. Then I realized that there was something special about their 80v line of merchandise so I decided to go ahead and purchased. In the worst case, I can always return it if it didn’t meet the expectations.
The saw was used often over the weekend and am completely awestruck. It is a pleasure to use, it feels and operates just like gas saws. It cuts quickly and is not able to lose power when the battery gets depleted. The on-board power indicator is a great feature as it informs you that the battery is low otherwise, you wouldn’t know. It lived up to its claim of 45 minutes of cut time , and quickly surpassed the “150 cut” per charge advertised. I was doing more cleaning of work (vs. cutting with the heads down, which is non stopping cutting) and was using the saw for about 2 hours of work before it ran empty at the beginning. The 30-minute recharge time is fantastic and didn’t cause any inconvenience since I simply took advantage of the time to tidy up the dust and limbs I’d cut. The battery was full before I blink, and it did not even allow me the chance to breath. If two batteries were to rotate, you could literally have unlimited time, according to the literature.
This was refreshing to not being covered with exhaust fumes, oil and exhaust throughout the day, as well due to the fact that it has a low level of vibrating, you’re exhausted from the use of it. Use it, pick it up, and utilize it – then lay it down, go back and then use it again. There is no need to stop it and start it in between cuts. It was used to fall and clean two large trees, and to remove the large 20″ stump/trunk, then cut into round pieces that someone else had left standing and to tidy up 2.5 acres of wooded land, all in just two charges from the battery. Amazing results and efficiency!
In the end, I’m awed by this tool and am looking at expanding it into siblings that are equally well-rated!
Case study 02: This Greenworks 80v 16″ saw has exceeded my expectations. I’ve had a few 2-stoke saws over time, some of them larger but some smaller. While I’m still not willing to give up the 2 saws that stoke but I am just one step away from that. The battery life is somewhat of a worry because charging them on the go isn’t feasible and the expense of adding batteries is around two thirds of the price of the saw and charger. However, the weight reduction is a huge plus since I’m not the teenager I was a few years ago.
It is ergonomically like any other chainsaw from the past, only significantly lighter. Adjusting the chain tension is fast and easy with the supplied tool, however if you do lose your tool (easy enough to repair) using a flat screwdriver and 13mm box end wrench can complete the task.
Filling up the reservoir for oil in the bar/chain is simple, even if you fill it with a gallon of water. To date, I haven’t observed any leaks of bar/chain oils however, it’s normal because almost every chainsaw leaks oil at some point during their lives.
The battery will charge in around thirty minutes (for the 2-amp hour battery) and then locks into the saw with a firm click. The safety switch located on the handle’s side is well placed and easy to use during operation.
My only complaint about this saw is there’s an in-between time between when you push the trigger until when the chain comes moving. It’s also impossible to feather the trigger for lower speeds. You can either go full-on or off. There’s no in-between really.
Overall, I’m quite satisfied with this chainsaw. It can do what I want it to do for quite a long time, I’m sure.
- The saw is powerful and has cutting power that is truly impressive
- Cut time of 45 minutes per hour
- Rapid 30 minute charge of battery
- There is no need to handle oil and gas mixtures
- A key component of a tool line that has a battery and chargers, eliminating the need to buy additional components for expansion
- As it’s not a roaring, smelly beast It is often easy to forget that it is a very serious instrument that requires respect and adequate security safeguards.
- Spare batteries can be expensive (but they are worth it)
4. Milwaukee 2727-20 M18 FUEL 16 in. Chainsaw
Milwaukee M18 FUEL 16in. cordless chainsaw has the power to cut through hardwoods, it cutting quicker than gas-powered models and can make up 150 cuttings per charge.Check Price in Amazon
Case study 01: The saw has completely taken over the Stihl gas-powered saw. I’m not sure if this is more or less powerful, or it’s smaller or bigger, but I don’t really care. It’s strong enough and cuts like it was made and the ease of not needing to start a gruesome gasoline motor is a real game changer. I’d love to figure out how to operate a chainsaw in a way that does not require bar oil or at the very least find a way to not let it drip or leak. However, all chainsaws leak which is why I have to accept that it happens. I love this tool!
Case study 02: This chainsaw is amazing. I’ve used a variety of brands of high-end chainsaws that are battery powered and I am impressed by this one. It’s powerful and is extremely light and with it’s 16″ bar, it can take on quite a bit. I highly recommend it for those who don’t want to handle the typical small engine problems and aren’t an expert logger this is the best choice.
A nice chainsaw. It is perfect for small tasks around the home. Don’t think you can cut a cord of wood using it. It is only suitable for small tasks.
5. EGO Power+ CS1604 16-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Chainsaw
The EGO Power+ Chain Saw truly delivers Power Beyond Belief. The 16″ chain and bar coupled with a high-efficiency, brushless motor gives you smooth cuts. The brushless motor increases the lifespan of the tool as well as the time of its use. The modern 56V Lithium(tm) battery is a world-class technology to provide Power Beyond Belief and is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products. The EGO Power+ Chain Saw delivers the power of gas, without the hassle, noise and the fumes.Check Price in Amazon
“Weekend warrior” here. I’ve slogged through three gas chainsaws 2 corded AC mains, and two battery-powered models over the past 20 years, simply trimming branches and cutting old wood in places This saw is awe-inspiring to me.With new blades it cuts everything ‘like butter’.
I’m able to manage one-half acre, with 12 trees that require some trimming each season. I’m not sure if it’s serious work or removal every few years however, I’ve found that the saw aids in cutting down old cabinets and furniture to use as mulchers (as as I’m careful to stay clear of screws and nails).
If you’re not an experienced professional logger (or maybe you employ chainsaws for job) I’d suggest this. The oiler and method for setting the chain tension appear to be more efficient and less complicated than the chainsaws I’ve owned before.
Avoiding mixing 2-stroke oil and gas and not inhaling the fumes, or having to struggle with the choke during cold weather or cleaning a carburetor made of gummy after a long period of storage, seems more efficient for my. Thank you EGO. I now have your lawnmowers as well as a blower, weed whacker chainsaw and hedge clippers – all connected to the same battery and charger system. Clean and simple – and my house and clothes do not smell like oily rags or spilled gasoline.
A more simple and cleaner “weekend warrior” homeowner.
6. Makita XCU04PT1 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 16″ Chain Saw
This is a great saw for applications that require light-duty. Very simple to use.
Case study 01: Super duper. There is no cranking. I have cut trees as large as 8″ diameter with no issue. As long as the chain isn’t sharp and you don’t put too much weight upon your chainsaw. The chainsaw is intelligent enough to stop itself if you over-load it. Amazingly efficient for around 30 cuts of around eight” diameter of wet green wood. Rapid 45 minute cost. You can get the cut wood off the table by the time it is charged again. The wood is safe to use. I am impress. I have no carb issues anymore. Construction beams can be cut and joists without issue if there is an electrical outlet that can charge the batteries.Check Price in Amazon
Feedback from a customer: I hesitated to purchase the Makita due to the price and the fear that it may not be durable enough to supply the fuel cords needed for our woodstove which is our primary source of heat. After about a month of using I’ve never felt more impressed by any other tool I’ve ever owned. I’ve never had any of the issues I’ve read about here. Perhaps Makita was already addressing these issues by time I purchased.
Beginning by introducing the “positive negatives”:
- No gas. Also, no smell, possibility of fire, sloping in the workshop or trips at the station or worries about mixing oil.
- No starting delay. When I press the button to pull the trigger and it will go. Without failure.
- There is no air filter to wash
- No annoying instrument to set tension.
- No stalling. The button remains open for at minimum one minute, and the trigger is just.
- There is no kickback. I’ve cut up to 12 inches without even a single incident of kickback. A small Oregon chain works but chatter and then stalls in the event that it becomes a bit bindy rather than trying to pull your saw (and your) through the wood, raise the saw, and it is back to normal.
- No overheating (so far). It’s also likely that it’s not binding; most likely to never will need any need for adjusting tension.
- No idling. You might have this issue however I am unable to see the reason. Remove your finger from the trigger, and the saw stops. Press the trigger once more and it continues to go. On our hill, the Stihl would take a brief stroll downhill in idle mode and the live idle for me was an imminent danger whenever I set it down.
Positives that are clear:
- Lighter weight to support my tired carcass.
- Nearly perfect balance. I tend to make straighter cuts. However, too often with the Stihl I had to make cut that was angled to the left due to the constant pressure to ensure it was balanced.I’d just take the Stihl to complete an all-day task.
- With the Makita I’m able to hop out and grab it to get rid of an unintentional fall or a small obstruction, without any delay or anxiety.
- *The batteries last me for 10 significant (10″) cut or about a half-hour of trimming. I’ve not had the need for another battery set at this point. You can go inside to grab snacks while recharging.
It’s still my initial chain without sharpening. The balance makes me less vulnerable to hitting the ground or rock; and when I did hit thin metal, it caused minimal or no impact.
One minor negative: Initially I was unable to get the thumb-controlled tension wheels to move smoothly, however the application of a few sprays of WD-40 has ended this.
If you’re a professional lumberjack or intend to spend the entire day in the woods it won’t be able to meet all your requirements including an (wildly high-priced) second battery set. However, if you’re just looking to relax exploring the forest, this is an elegantly designed and constructed piece of art.
7. Husqvarna 16 Inch 130 Gas Chainsaw (Renewed)
The used or refurbished item has been checked by a professional and tested to ensure that it will work and appear brand new. The process for a product to become included in Amazon Renewed, your destination for refurbished, pre-owned products The customer buys an item from the store and then returns it , or trades it in to purchase a different or better model. The product is then inspected and tested to function and look brand new by Amazon-qualified sellers. The product is then offered in the form of an Amazon Renewed product on Amazon. If you are not happy with the purchase, the renewed items can be exchanged or a refund under Amazon’s Renewed Guarantee.Check Price in Amazon
About this product:
- 130 chainsaw is designed to meet the needs of the homeowner looking for an easy-to-use and lightweight tool to use in the yard
- Gas chainsaw 38ccc 16 inches equipped with guide bar as well as chain
- 2 cycle engine that has an inertia-activated chain brake to ensure security when working
- Orange Husqvarna chainsaw bar cover and 2. 6 ounces of 2 cycle fuel included, Chain oil and the chain are to be purchased separately
- Automatic chain oiler supplies an unstoppable supply of chain oil for secure and effective use.
- The simple system of tensioning chains for chains allows quick adjustments to the chain while you work
- Husqvarna chainsaw with x-torque decreases the consumption of fuel and also reduces emissions
- For security, use Husqvarna chainsaw chaps chainsaw gloves, chainsaw chaps and chainsaw helmet
- Chainsaw chain as well as chainsaw cases and sharpener are also available in distinct purchase