Looking around for the best chainsaw under 300 dollars? There was a time when chainsaws were only limited to a few rich people, and man, they were damn expensive. But, thanks to the advancement of science, now buying them is just a piece of cake. You can get a quality product in a comparatively low budget.
If your budget range is not more than 300 bucks, then you can check our well researched and reviewed top pick best chainsaw under 300 dollars.
- Iconic Characters - Play as characters from throughout the Evil Dead universe, including Ash, Scotty, Lord Arthur, Kelly Maxwell, & more, with new dialogue performed by Bruce Campbell & others!
- Play As Good or Evil - Fight for the forces of good or take control of the Kandarian Demon to hunt Ash & others while possessing Deadites, the environment & more as you seek to swallow their souls!
- Over the Top Visuals - Whether you’re tearing a Deadite in 2 with Ash's chainsaw hand or flying across the map as the Kandarian Demon, realistic visuals & physics-based gore brings the horror to life!
- This...Is My Boomstick - Brandish your short barrel shotgun, chainsaw, cleavers and more to do some delightfully gruesome violence against the armies of darkness.
Best Chainsaw Under 300
|Best chainsaw under 300 – Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw||Check Price|
|Best electric chainsaw under 300 – Makita UC4051A 16 inch||Check Price|
|Best gas chainsaw under 300 dollars – Husqvarna 16 Inch 440e II Gas Chainsaw||Check Price|
|Best cordless brushless chainsaw under 300 – EGO Power+ CS1600 16 inch 56V||Check Price|
|Best self sharpening chainsaw – Oregon Cordless 16-inch Self-Sharpening Chainsaw with 2.6 Ah Battery and Charger||Check Price|
|Best top handle chainsaw under 300 – Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2cc 12-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw with Pure Fire Engine||Check Price|
|Sun Joe ION16CS 16 inch 4-Amp 40 volt cordless chainsaw under 300||Check Price|
You’ve to look into the topic a little bit and try finding your mode of usage. You’ve to find out whether you want the highest power or lightweight chainsaw or whether you need a gas or an electric chainsaw.
You’ve to check whether you are an active user, and you use them daily, or just a passive user, who uses them once in a while. After finding these stuff by yourselves, you’re now ready to check our list, which will surely narrow down your list to the last product, which you want to buy. Read on.
- 1. Best chainsaw under 300 – Greenworks 16 inch 40V cordless chainsaw
- 2. Best electric chainsaw under 300 – Makita UC4051A 16 inch
- 3. Best gas chainsaw under 300 dollars – Husqvarna 440 Rancher
- 4. Best cordless brushless chainsaw under 300 – EGO Power+ CS1600 16 inch 56V
- 5. Best self sharpening chainsaw – Oregon cordless 16 inch [2.4 Ah Battery and Charger]
- 6. Best top handle chainsaw under 300 – Tanaka TCS33EDTP
- 7. Sun Joe ION16CS 16 inch 4-Amp 40 volt cordless chainsaw under 300
1. Best chainsaw under 300 – Greenworks 16 inch 40V cordless chainsaw
I got this saw primarily for trail maintenance, but I’ll use it around the house as well. Video review.By 21st Century Hermit
With regards to a good quality chainsaw, the Greenworks is a trusted and well-known brand. They provide quality products, which are very powerful and durable. The engine of this particular product is made up of a brushless motor, which provides you with top-notch power and longer run-time. The brushless motor also ensures very fewer tremors while working, as it absorbs about seventy percent of the vibrations; and makes sure that the user is comfortable while working.Check Latest Price on Amazon
- The bar length is 16 inches, providing more endurance.
- The auto chain tensioning ensures a better user experience.
- The automatic oiler built-in helps to reduce the labor required to operate the chainsaw.
- The electric start feature too helps in reducing stress required to start the engine manually.
- The upgraded lithium-Ion technology helps to increase the torque by 30 percent.
- Longer run-time, helps very much in longer working times.
- Highly versatile and durable chainsaw under 300.
- Less sound in comparison to other similar products.
- Some users have reported oil leaks.
- Some people have reported that the chain tightening mechanism needs to be constantly readjusted, which can be called a big design flaw.
- Some users have complained that the chainsaw doesn’t give enough power, and its battery gets empty very fast.
Q: If we charge the battery for an extended amount of time, will it get any problems?
A: Yes of course, if you keep it charging for a long time, it’s life will get reduced and it will start functioning in an unhealthy manner.
So, if you are looking for a product which is durable, powerful and versatile; this is the product we highly recommend for you.
2. Best electric chainsaw under 300 – Makita UC4051A 16 inch
Fantastic tool. I had the most expensive and beloved Stihl Arborist climbing saw… In Depth review.By Amazon customer
If you are looking around for a chainsaw with easy maintenance and best performance, then this product is the one which is destined to be used by you. It is specially designed to make our work seem easier and make it complete more quickly and smoothly. Its performance is at the peak level, and it can be very handy and comfortable while using.Check Latest Price
- It has an amazing chain speed of a 2900 feet per minute, which facilitates faster and smoother cutting and trimming.
- The motor comes with a current-limiter out of the box, which helps to eradicate the overload of power and bypass the problems of electric accidents.
- The trigger switch is a large one, which enables smoother and a more comfortable start of the chainsaw.
- Automatic chain oiler to reduce the work needed to lubricate the chains.
- The tool-less blade enables convenient and easier operation.
- The oil reservoir is very big, and it has transparent windows, to help you view the amount of oil in the tank.
- Some users have reported that the chain came off after using for a short amount of time.
- The outer case is made up of plastic.
- It can be too heavy for people who are not as strong as they use to be.
Q: The outer case is made up of plastic, will it cause melting of the outer or inner case if it is overheated?
A: No, it is highly unlikely to melt, and there will be not much of a problem even when the temperature goes up.
This product gives the best performance and it doesn’t require much maintenance. Even though it’s a little bit heavy but its elegant design helps it to be comfortable and smooth while using. We definitely recommend this product to people who are searching for a good electric chainsaw under 300.
3. Best gas chainsaw under 300 dollars – Husqvarna 440 Rancher
The Husqvarna 440 Rancher consumes very little fuel and discharges very little emissions, and it is environment friendly. This is possible because of the equipped X-TORQ system. When you refuel the fuel tank, you will not have any problems because of the flip-up type tank cap. It facilitates comfort and smoothness while using the product. It is very powerful, and it comes with a durable and long-lasting nature.Check Latest Price
- The design of the engine and the starter has been optimized to provide an easy start, with a miniscule amount of effort required to do so.
- The quick release air filter ensures that the air filter can be cleaned and replaced with zero strain.
- The chainsaw comes with an automatic vibration reducer, which decreases the chance of user getting exhausted.
- No chord required while operating the chainsaw.
- Very quiet, unlike most of the similar products in the market.
- Gives clean and elegant cuts.
- Some users have complained oil leaks off the bar.
- Some customers have reported that they are harder to start.
Q: Does the saw come with a tool-less chain tensioner?
A: Yes, it does come with a tool-less chain tensioner.
This product is lightweight, cordless and very very quiet, and it occupies one of the top places in our recommendations for best chainsaw under 300.
If you are big fan of gas chainsaws, check our listed best small gas powered chainsaw .
4. Best cordless brushless chainsaw under 300 – EGO Power+ CS1600 16 inch 56V
The brushless motor, which is equipped in this product provides efficient functioning. The chain tensioning system is tool-less, providing more elegance and comfort while usage. The chainsaw is weather resistant, which ensures that the user doesn’t have any problems while using them even in harsh weather conditions. The bar and chain are 16 inches.Check Latest Price
- An O.E.M part, you don’t have to worry about duplicates.
- For extra safety and smooth controls, an added chain kickback brake is equipped on the chainsaw.
- Comes with a mind-boggling 5-year warranty.
- Large amount of power, enables easier cutting and trimming.
- Very quiet too, and thus, eliminates the need to use earplugs.
- Great battery life.
- Some users have reported that the chain constantly keeps coming off.
- It does not come with a battery.
- It doesn’t provide you with a charger from the box.
Q: What battery is required to run the chainsaw?
A: Anything above 2.5 Amps are enough to run the saw flawlessly.
If you searching for a chainsaw under 300 which has a good battery life, good performance and weather resistant; then this is the go-to product for you.
5. Best self sharpening chainsaw – Oregon cordless 16 inch [2.4 Ah Battery and Charger]
The power sharp system equipped in the chainsaw sharpens the saw in 3 seconds, increasing the user quality of the user experience. The brushless motor ensures high performance and unmatched torque; which helps to give more power and use it more smoothly. It starts instantaneously, no oil-gas mixing or any other awkward processes required.Check Latest Price
- 40 Volt Lithium-Ion battery for maximum runtime.
- The instant-start provides less strain for the users.
- The self-sharpening system helps the chainsaw to run for long hours.
- It has a sixteen-inch guide bar.
- The battery gives constant power during usage, to prevent overcharges.
- Higher power chainsaw under 300 than most electric chainsaws.
- Very less vibrations, so that the users do not face any strains.
- Some users have complained that the saw doesn’t give enough work for serious working environments.
- Some customers have complained that the saw stops in between for no reason, and that it is a huge flawed saw.
Q: How long does the battery take to charge completely?
A: About 240 minutes, or 4 hours.
Q: Does the charger stop charging as soon as the battery gets completely charged?
A: Yes, it is a smart charger; and it does so to prevent overcharging, which reduces the lifetime of the battery.
This product gives a long lasting and powerful experience; and it’s perfectly designed to give you the best experience by the electric chainsaw.
6. Best top handle chainsaw under 300 – Tanaka TCS33EDTP
The engine of the chainsaw is designed especially for lesser fuel consumption and for giving a good amount of performance and power. It starts very easily, enabling users to use the product without much strain. The product with a 7-year consumer warranty, which is 2-years for commercial users, and only 1-year for rental users. It has a 12-inch top handle for smooth and powerful performance.Check Latest Price
- The oiler is automatic, and it is gear-driven for smooth and convenient usage.
- Designed especially for commercial users, giving more power and stability while doing the work.
- It is equipped with a two-stroke engine, which innovatively decreases the amount of emissions put out by the chainsaw.
- Easy to control, giving a good user experience.
- The power-to-weight ratio is perfect, to reduce the fatigue that happens while using other similar products due to over weightage.
- Good build-quality, which increases the life of the saw.
- Some users have reported that the chain and its cover come off while using the chainsaw.
- Some users have complained that the oil keeps on leaking from many places; raising the question of the build-quality.
Q: What is the weight of the chainsaw?
A: The chainsaw weighs around 11 pounds.
The chainsaw gives both; less pollution and more performance when you use it properly. So, we give it a position among the top chainsaws under 300 available in the market.
7. Sun Joe ION16CS 16 inch 4-Amp 40 volt cordless chainsaw under 300
This product has a 40-volt Lithium Ion battery, which provides a large amount of power for long working hours. No carbon emissions, so that there are no environmental pollutions. The chain adjustment system is tool-less so that we can use it smoothly without any strain. The motor is very powerful, with 600 watts; increasing the battery efficiency.Check Latest Price
- The automatic oiler helps reduce the work strain by reducing the need to lubricate the saw manually.
- Long-lasting and durable, to save your heavy investment.
- Very powerful chainsaw under 300, and it can mow through strong limbs and other things too.
- Equipped with a hand-guard with kickback break for safety.
- Long battery life.
- Easier to start.
- A safety switch to prevent accidental starts.
- Some users have complained that the automatic oiler doesn’t work.
- Not very powerful, because it is an electric powered chainsaw.
Q: How much charging time is required?
A: About 1-3 hours of charging should be enough.
This chainsaw is a lightweight, powerful and quiet one; which doesn’t cause environmental pollutions, making it one of the best chainsaws out there.
Overall, we have listed the best chainsaw under 300 dollars for your convenience. We are sure that by now; your list is already narrowed down to the one last product which you want to buy. If not, go through your working conditions once again and try to eliminate any clashes that occurred while choosing your product. Choose your product wisely, and don’t fall for any false advertisements from the producer companies.
Choose the product which is safe to use, comes within your budget as well as gives the best in class performance. Happy sawing!