Are you new to the whole chainsaw thing and looking for the best cheap chainsaw to practice and hone your chainsawing skills? Are you on a look out for the best cheap chainsaw that does the job and does not burn a hole in your pocket? You are in luck! In this article we curate a list of the best cheap chainsaws that tend to all your trimming and pruning requirements without being big on the buck and offer the best value for money. With our exhaustive review of all the best cheap chainsaws available in the market, you do not have to look any further.
It is perfectly logical to look for cheaper alternatives to the expensive chainsaws available out there if you know that your chainsawing requirements are occasional and mostly relate to post storm clean up around the yard or general regular upkeep of the lawn. With the best cheap chainsaw at your disposal, you can DIY your way around the yard without having shell out the buck to a professional. These best cheap chainsaws are adequately powered to tackles all sorts of trimming jobs – low, medium or heavy duty – in and around your backyard so that you can enjoy a backyard so beautiful, it becomes the envy of the entire neighbourhood.
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- Robust 12-inch steel chain and bar with tool-less chain tensioning offers ease of use while delivering the highest cutting performance
- 3/8-inch chain pitch delivers the right amount of capabilities to get those limbs trimmed and cut with minimal kickback
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level.Wrap around handle for multiple cutting positions to provide ease of use when trimming at different angles
Best Cheap Chainsaw
|Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw, 2.0 AH Battery and Charger Included 20262||Check Price|
|WORX WG303.1 Powered Chain Saw, 16" Bar Length, Red||Check Price|
|Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim 8 Amp 14-Inch Lightweight Corded Electric Chainsaw, Black||Check Price|
|Sun Joe SWJ599E 14-inch 9-Amp Tree Limb Master Electric Handheld Chainsaw with Low-Kickback||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp (CS1518)||Check Price|
|Best Cheap Chainsaw - WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw, 16"||Check Price|
|Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw||Check Price|
Here are our top recommendations for the best cheap chainsaws with detailed breakdown of all the features they have to offer. This exhaustive review of the best cheap chainsaws is all the information you need to make an informed choice. Dive right in and choose the one that best suits your requirements and give yourselves the right equipment to turn that pretty backyard dream into a reality!
- 1. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw, 2.0 AH Battery Included 20262
- 2. WORX WG303.1 Powered Chain Saw, 16″ Bar Length, Red
- 3. Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim 8 Amp 14-Inch Lightweight Corded Electric Chainsaw, Black
- 4. Sun Joe SWJ599E 14-inch 9-Amp Tree Limb Master Electric Handheld Chainsaw with Low-Kickback
- 5. BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp (CS1518)
- 6. Best Cheap Chainsaw – WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw, 16″
- 7. Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
1. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw, 2.0 AH Battery Included 20262
Your search for the best cheap electric chainsaw ends here! The Greenworks 12-inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw is the best cheap top handle chainsaw that is a handy and powerful solution to all your outdoor power equipment requirements. It comes with a high performance G-Max 40V Lithium Ion Battery that provides fade free power to the tool.
This cordless cheap chainsaw offers a tool less tensioning of its 12-inch chain and bar that ensures highest cutting performance. It is the best cheap chainsaw in this price range that has an automatic oiler that keeps the bar and chain adequately oiled for enhanced durability. The 3/8 inch chain pitch delivers power with minimal kickbacks for trimming all those fallen limbs with ease.Check Price in Amazon
At 6 lbs, this is the best budget chainsaw that is also lightweight and maneuverable due to the wrap around handle that allows trimming at different angles and multiple cutting positions with remarkable control. This best budget cordless chainsaw also comes with an Instant Electric Start that makes it easier to start when compared to its gas powered counterparts.
- Best budget battery chainsaw – Powerful battery suitable for small to medium jobs around the yard.
- Lightweight, well designed and easy to operate.
- Cordless and compact design.
- Tool less chain tensioning and automatic oiling of the bar and chain
- A reasonable upgrade over the gas powered and corded chainsaws.
- Easy to use and operate – best cheap battery chainsaw suitable for amateur and senior users.
- An all-purpose best cheap small chainsaw.
- Fade proof power with high performing G-Max 40V Lithium Ion battery.
- Not suited for professional tree limbing purposes
- The 40V G-Max and 40V Lithium-Ion Batteries are not cross compatible. If you own other Greenworks power tools, check the compatibility of the batteries beforehand.
This is the best cheap cordless chainsaw suitable for all kinds of small and medium jobs around the house. The best choice for amateur and senior users.
2. WORX WG303.1 Powered Chain Saw, 16″ Bar Length, Red
If you are looking for a chainsaw that is lightweight, durable and dependable, the Worx WG303.1 16 inch, is the best affordable chainsaw for you! Its 14.5 Amp motor is easy to maneuver and operate while being powerful enough to fell or trim fallen trees and keep your yard impeccable.
Its patented automatic chain tensioning system maintains proper tension in the chain during operation and auto oiler keeps the chain adequately lubricated. Its built-in chain brake for reduced kickbacks and safe operation make is the best inexpensive chainsaw available in the market.
This is a lightweight power tool at 11 lbs – perfect for first time users looking to cut firewood, clear some bushes and trim trees around the yard. Its rubber rear handle and wrap around front handle ergonomically designed for safe and comfortable operation.Check Price in Amazon
The Worx WG303.1 is the best budget electric chainsaw that will allow you to power through toughest jobs while limiting user fatigue to a bare minimum. At this price point this robust power tool is the best low budget chainsaw for anybody looking to DIY the lawn and yard maintenance.
- Low maintenance owing to Auto Oiler and Auto Tension system.
- Best value cheap chainsaw with built in chain brake.
- Powerful 14.5 Amp motor comparable to a gas chainsaw.
- At 11 lbs, lightweight enough to conveniently carry around.
- Built in chain brake protects the user from any possible kickbacks.
- Patented Auto Tension system prevents over tightening.
- Ergonomic handles for comfortable handling.
- 14.5 Amp motor delivers adequate power for use by homeowners.
- Corded operation makes for a tripping hazard for inexperienced users.
Lightweight yet powerful and impressive performance for all kinds of tough jobs around the yard. Its maneuverability makes it an amazing option for first time users and senior users alike.
3. Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim 8 Amp 14-Inch Lightweight Corded Electric Chainsaw, Black
What if we told you that there exists a chainsaw that is under $50, weighs just over 6 lbs and is a perfect tool to begin your chainsaw journey with? The Remington RM 1425 Limb N Trim is the best inexpensive chainsaw you can get your hands on!
It is designed for trimming and pruning of small limbs but do not be fooled by its size. It can handle the occasional fallen tree with as much ease as any of its gas-powered counterpart. It is truly the best budget chainsaw if you are an occasional chainsaw user.
It comes with a powerful 8 Amp electric motor that is easy to start with the push of a trigger. The 14 inch bar and chain on this chainsaw are designed for lower kickbacks and are kept ideally tensioned using the chain tensioner. The push button auto oiler lets you add just the right amount of oil for seamless operation.Check Price in Amazon
It is a good cheap chainsaw option that comes fully assembled and is ready to slice through those limbs right out the box. The wrap around hand guard handle keeps your hands safe and provide a fatigue less user experience.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Durable 14-inch bar and chain for reduced kickbacks and smoother cutting.
- Eliminates the need for mixing gasoline
- 8 Amp powerful electric motor works quietly yet efficiently.
- Lightweight and ergonomic design reduces user fatigue.
- External tensioning system keeps the chain ideally tensioned.
- Comes pre-assembled and ready to use right out the box.
- Best affordable chainsaw for homeowners with occasional use.
- Less suitable for professional lumberjacks with heavy-duty cutting jobs.
As far as best cheap chainsaw reviews go, this chainsaw definitely tops the list. Best suited for novice homeowners and senior users with occasional chainsawing needs.
4. Sun Joe SWJ599E 14-inch 9-Amp Tree Limb Master Electric Handheld Chainsaw with Low-Kickback
If you are someone, who is looking for a neat little chainsaw that is ideal for trimming and pruning limbs and branches then the Sun Joe SWJ5599E Tree Limb Master 14 inch chainsaw is the best low budget chainsaw for you.
It is the greener and cleaner way to upkeep your yard with its powerful 9 Amp motor and 14 inch bar and chain. It starts with a simple push of a button – instantly. It is the best small cheap chainsaw that comes with a safety switch that prevents accidental starting. The auto oiler with a transparent window ensures adequate lubrication of the bar and chain for a smoother cutting experience.Check Price in Amazon
At just over 7.7 lbs, this best affordable chainsaw is designed for maximum maneuverability around the yard or garden, without the need for gas. In addition, just when you thought it could not get any better, the Sun Joe SWJ5599E comes with a two-year customer promise that warrants no questions asked replacement of products for two years from the date of purchase.
- Best budget chainsaw at a price point well within $50.
- Impeccable safety features such as the safety switch that prevents accidental staring of the saw.
- Auto oiler ensures self-lubrication of the chain and bar.
- At 7.7 lbs, lightweight and maneuverable power tool.
- Powerful 9 Amp motor tackles all sorts of light to medium duty jobs around the yard a breeze.
- Starts instantly with a push of a button – easier to start than its gas powered counterparts.
- Its 14-inch chain and bar are designed for reduced kickbacks.
- Comes with a 2-year replacement warranty.
- Less suitable for professional lumber jacking requirements.
This is the best inexpensive chainsaw that is ideal for homeowners looking to trim and prune trees in their backyard – perfect for amateurs and first time chainsaw users.
5. BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp (CS1518)
The features on this chainsaw at this price point truly make it the best cheap chainsaw available in the market currently. The powerful 15 Amp motor coupled with its 18 inch Oregon low kickback bar and chain render it invincible against toughest of jobs around the yard. It delivers high cutting performance with minimized vibrations.
The automatic oiling system ensures constant bar and chain lubrication for smoother cutting experience and the clear window helps you keep the oil level in check. It also comes with a tool less chain tensioning system that allows for quick and easy on the go chain adjustments. It is a good cheap chainsaw if you are looking for something that is tough and yet does not burn a hole in your pockets.Check Price in Amazon
This Black+Decker electric chainsaw is the best inexpensive chainsaw that also features chain brake that offers optimal safety during usage. Even though it is brimming with amazing features, this best budget chainsaw is a lightweight tool weighing only 12 lbs. Its lightweight and ergonomically designed handles make it easy to cut at various angles.
- 15 Amp powerful motor and 18-inch Oregon bar and chain.
- Auto Oiling system ensures continuous lubrication of the bar and chain.
- Tool less and hassle free chain tensioning system.
- At 12 lbs, this chainsaw has lightweight and ergonomic design.
- Powerful cutting performance with reduced kickbacks and minimal vibration.
- Well lubricated bar and chain deliver smoother cutting experience.
- Convenient and quick on the go chain tensioning adjustments.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to cut a various cutting angles.
Corded chainsaws pose as a tripping hazard.
One of the best value cheap chainsaws to begin your chainsaw journey with. The best affordable chainsaw option for someone looking for a tough but easy to work with chainsaw to tackle medium to heavy-duty cutting tasks around their yard.
6. Best Cheap Chainsaw – WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw, 16″
If you are looking for a cheap yet solid electric chainsaw for occasional yet heavy-duty use then look no further! The WEN 4017 Electric chainsaw with 16-inch bar and chain is the best affordable chainsaw for you.
Its 16-inch Oregon chain runs at a speed of up to 44 feet per second. All you need to do is simply plug the cord into a power source and make easy work out of any tree, bush or branch with 12 Amp of chopping power and 2.2 Nm toque. This best budget chainsaw is a quieter and safer for the environment alternative to its gas powered counterparts.Check Price in Amazon
This best low budget chainsaw comes with an auto oiling system that keeps the chain and bar lubricated for enhanced longevity of the tool and a seamlessly smooth cutting experience. It also comes with a tool free chain tensioning system that let you switch blades or make adjustments to chain while on the job. Another remarkable feature is the extension cord wrangler that helps keep the unit plugged in securely even at the toughest cutting angles.
- Compact and handy – Weighs a mere 10 lbs
- Ergonomic design and hassle free electric operation.
- Comes with a Hand Guard for user safety.
- Quiet operation with no hazardous emissions
- Lightweight design makes for fatigue free experience even during long work days.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
- Auto Oiler and tool free chain tensioning extend the life span of the machine.
- Cable strain relief notch keeps the unit plugged in securely even at the toughest cutting angles.
- This chainsaw is highly recommended for occasional usage.
This is the best inexpensive chainsaw for post storm clean up once or twice in a year. The best cheap electric chainsaw for occasional medium to heavy duty tasks around the yard.
7. Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
The Oregon CS1500 is the best low budget chainsaw in the market that is sufficiently powerful with a 15 Amp motor and is a great deal quieter than all its gas-powered counterparts. If you are looking for a good cheap chainsaw, the Oregon CS1500 is the answer to all your chainsawing requirements.
By using their patented PowerSharp sharpening system, the 18-inch chain on this chainsaw can be sharpened within seconds with a pull of a lever. The chain can be tightened and adjusted on the job with their tool less chain tensioning system. An automatic oiler keeps the chain well lubricated and prevents premature wear and tear.Check Price in Amazon
This is the best value cheap chainsaw that is value for money and delivers amazing performance every time you use it. Although the Oregon CS1500 boasts of a hoard of features, it weighs a mere 12.9 lbs. With its ergonomically balanced design, low vibration and over-mold comfort handle, this best cheap electric chainsaw provides a fatigue free cutting experience even on long work days.
- PowerSharp chain sharpening system.
- Silent operation vis a vis its gas powered counterparts.
- Automatic oiler and tool less chain tensioning systems.
- Best budget chainsaw with ergonomically balanced design, low vibration and over-mold comfort handle.
- Hassle-free and quick chain sharpening on the go.
- Best cheap chainsaw – Quiet between cuts with no hazardous emissions.
- Low on maintenance, all the chain maintenance features reduce wear and tear while enhancing the life of the tool.
- Lightweight, at 12.9 lbs, makes for a fatigue free user experience.
- Corded chainsaws prove to be a tripping hazard for new users.
It is one of the best affordable chainsaws available in the market. With fantastic features to back the amazing design, it is the best inexpensive chainsaw for users of all experiences.
A well-maintained backyard is a possibility only with the best-suited power tools in your arsenal. Buying the best cheap chainsaw out there can be a daunting task with so many options to choose from. Here are some points to consider before you zero down on the chainsaw you want to buy:
- Check how frequently you need to use the chainsaw. An awful lot depends upon the number of times you need to whip out the chainsaw and get down to business.
- Intensity of the work that you need to be done with the chainsaw that you own. Whether it is the occasional fallen tree or some post storm clean up, cutting of firewood or just good old-fashioned trimming and limbing of tree branches for upkeep of the yard. The amount of work that you will end up extracting from your chainsaw will heavily affect your choice of best cheap chainsaw.
- Your previous experience with using a chainsaw. Whether you are a first time user or an amateur with some experience with the tool, or a veteran seasoned expert goes a long way in deciding the best cheap chainsaw that best suits your needs. For example, if you are just starting using a chainsaw, going for an electric chainsaw that is hassle free vis a vis mixing of gas and pulling of cord to start the saw is a more suited option for you.
- Once you have the first three pointers sorted out, you will mostly be able to figure out what power source is best suited for your needs – Whether you should go for a gas powered chainsaw or an electric chainsaw is your best bet. If you choose an electric chainsaw, you need to further figure out if a corded chainsaw will work in your set up or a cordless chainsaw will be more convenient to carry around and work with.
It will become considerably easier to shortlist a few options from the best cheap chainsaws once you have considered all the above points. Moreover, once you have shortlisted all the possible options that suit your requirements – choosing the one that fits the best will be a breeze!
With our heavily detailed reviews and a curated list of all the best cheap chainsaws, your search for the best-suited chainsaw for you and your backyard comes to an end. All the chainsaws listed above abide by the highest safety and quality standards and are manufactured by the best in business manufacturers known the world over for the top notch high performance power tools manufactured by them.
When you buy any of the above listed chainsaws, you know you are paying for quality. They will last you years upon years and save you a lot of money in terms of having to pay professionals to perform tasks that can be easily performed by you.
We hope our list helps you with the task of choosing the best cheap chainsaw for you and you get yourselves a chainsaw that lasts you through years of trimming and pruning that lovely backyard of yours while also bringing you the best value for your hard earned money.