Forget about spending hours snipping at individual branches to achieve perfectly trimmed hedges. The best cordless hedge trimmer will get the job done in far less time and with least amount of efforts.
Cordless hedge trimmers are lightweight and easy to operate when compared to gas powered trimmers and absence of cords ensure hassle free usage without having to untangle the constantly tangling cords.
However, it is important to choose the best cordless hedge trimmer that delivers high performance with perfectly trimmed hedges. Our detailed reviews of cordless hedge trimmers will help you to decide and choose the best tool for your gardening tools arsenal.
|BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436) |
Best electric cordless hedge trimmer
|BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer with POWERCOMMAND Powercut, 22-Inch (LHT321FF)|
Best value cordless hedge trimmer
|BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch (LHT2240CFF)|
Best rated cordless hedge trimmer
|WORX WG261 20V Power Share 22-Inch Cordless Hedge Trimmer, Battery and Charger Included|
Best small cordless hedge trimmer
|Greenworks 24-Inch 40V Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 3.0Ah Battery and Charger Included|
Best lightweight cordless hedge trimmer
|EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer|
Best budget cordless hedge trimmer
|Ryobi P2603 Dual Action Lithium-Ion 18V Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 18-Inch (Bare Tool)|
Best Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer
|Greenworks PRO 26-Inch 80V Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 2.0 AH Battery Included GHT80321|
Best cordless pole hedge trimmer
|Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 22" Hedge Trimmer, Tool Only|
Best Makita cordless hedge trimmer
|DEWALT DCHT820P1 Hedge Trimmer|
Best Dewalt cordless hedge trimmer
- Best cordless hedge trimmer
- 1. Best electric cordless hedge trimmer – BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 [40v 24 inch]
- 2. Best value cordless hedge trimmer – BLACK+DECKER LHT321FF [20v 22 inch]
- 3. Best rated cordless hedge trimmer – BLACK+DECKER LHT2240CFF [40v 22 inch]
- 4. Best small cordless hedge trimmer – WORX WG261 [20V Power Share 22-Inch]
- 5. Best lightweight cordless hedge trimmer – Greenworks HT-240 [40v 24 inch]
- 6. Best budget cordless hedge trimmer – EGO Power+ HT2400 [56v 24 inch]
- 7. Best Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer – Ryobi P2603 [18v 18 inch]
- 8. Best cordless pole hedge trimmer – Greenworks Pro GHT80321 [80v 26 inch]
- 9. Best Makita cordless hedge trimmer – Makita XHU02Z [18v 22 inch]
- 10. Best Dewalt cordless hedge trimmer – DEWALT DCHT820P1 [20v 22 inch]
- Buying guide – things to be noted before making the order
- A few Frequently Asked Questions
Best cordless hedge trimmer
1. Best electric cordless hedge trimmer – BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 [40v 24 inch]
The Black+Decker 40v Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-inch (LHT2436) delivers an impressive performance, is lightweight and easily maneuverable. This cordless hedge trimmer makes quick work of shrubs of upto 3/4 inch thickness with its 40V lithium ion rechargeable battery.
It offers a great deal of convenience in comparison to its gas powered and corded counterparts. It is the best budget cordless hedge trimmer that comes with rust resistant 24 inch dual action blade that performs with considerably less vibration than a single action blade.Check Price in Amazon
“”Go To” Trimmer — Real Deal!” – By William N. Phillips
This cordless hedge trimmer is a perfect choice because it offers upto 6000 square feet of trimmed hedges per charge and a discharged battery fully recharges in about an hour. It is the best electric cordless hedge trimmer that provides a comfortable grip and ease of operation & handling with its full wrap around front handle.
- Lightweight design makes for an easy to maneuver tool.
- 24-inch dual action blades operate with upto 40% less vibration.
- Compact design leads to less user fatigue.
- Easily cuts branches upto 3/4th of an inch thick.
- Lightweight design makes for an easy to maneuver tool.
- 24-inch dual action blades operate with upto 40% less vibration.
- Compact design leads to less user fatigue.
- Easily cuts branches upto 3/4th of an inch thick.
- 40V Max Lithium Ion battery offer high performance with excellent runtime.
- A discharged battery takes only about an hour to fully recharge.
- Full wrap around front handle provides comfortable grip.
- The battery can be shared with other Black+Decker power tools within this system.
- Branches thicker than 3/4 inch can cause over heating of the tool.
This cordless hedge trimmer comes backed by a 2-year warranty.
The Black+Decker 40V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer is highly recommended for people who are looking to upgrade from the manual hedge clippers to something easier and quicker. Its lightweight design makes it a perfect choice for hobbyists and home gardeners.
2. Best value cordless hedge trimmer – BLACK+DECKER LHT321FF [20v 22 inch]
The Black+Decker 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer delivers a high cutting performance and the 22-inch blades are easy to work with. The ergonomically designed body of this cordless hedge trimmer balances out its weight evenly, giving you the control to maneuver the tool around.
The 20V Max Lithium Ion battery on this trimmer seamlessly powers through branches that are upto 3/4 inch thick and the innovative powercommand PowerCut technology lets you cut through a jam with just a push of a button.Check Price in Amazon
“Powerful yet light trimmer” – By Amy Goebel Padgett
This is one of the best lightweight cordless hedge trimmers and it comes with a 22-inch dual action blade that considerably reduces vibration of the tool, thereby effectively reducing user fatigue. This cordless hedge trimmer really does go the distance by letting you trim upto 3000 square feet in one charge. Moreover, a discharged battery fully charges in as less as about an hour.
- PowerCut powercommand switch lets you cut through possible jams.
- The batteries are interchangeable with other tools from the 20V Max system of Black+Decker power tools.
- Ergonomic lightweight design distributes the weight of the tool evenly, ensuring full control during cutting jobs.
- 22-inch dual action blades reduce vibration.
- Best value cordless hedge trimmer with powerful battery and long run time.
- Reduced vibrations effectively lessen user fatigue.
- Non-complicated and hassle free operation.
- Comfortable grip handle makes for convenient handling.
- Recommended only for light to medium duty jobs.
The 20V Max Lithium Ion batteries deliver powerful cutting and amazing runtime. Moreover, the battery used in this cordless hedge trimmer is versatile since it is interchangeable across all the Black+Decker power tools in the 20V Max system.
This is the best cheap cordless hedge trimmer that is lightweight and agile, well suited for all kinds of trimming jobs around the house.
3. Best rated cordless hedge trimmer – BLACK+DECKER LHT2240CFF [40v 22 inch]
This Black+Decker cordless hedge trimmer is an easier and quicker way to deal with those unruly hedges when compared to a gas powered or corded trimmers. Its powerful 40V Max Lithium Ion battery comes with a battery charge indicator and delivers seamless power to the trimmer. This trimmer makes easy work out of branches upto 3/4 inch thick. It comes with 22 inches dual action blade that operate with reduced vibration and in turn reduced user fatigue.Check Price in Amazon
The features that set this particular trimmer apart from the rest in Black+Decker range are its full-length trigger and soft grip handle coupled with a wrap around auxiliary handle that render great maneuverability in both horizontal and vertical cutting positions. No wonder then, that this is one of the best rated cordless hedge trimmers available in the market.
- Powerful 40V Max Lithium Ion battery delivers high cutting performance.
- Battery charge indicator shows the battery charge level.
- 22-inch blade is perfectly sized for a variety of trimming jobs.
- Soft grip handle and wrap around auxiliary handle make for convenient handling of the tool.
- Cuts branches upto 3/4 inch thick easily.
- Dual action blade reduces vibration and effectively lessens user fatigue even during prolonged use.
- Ergonomic and compact design make for convenient cutting operation at different angles.
- Quicker and easier to operate and maintain, in comparison with its gas powered and corded counterparts.
- The tool is known to stall if it is used to trim branches that are thicker than recommended.
Moreover, this trimmer comes backed by Black+Decker’s 3 year limited warranty!
If you are looking to replace your old frustrating gas powered or corded trimmers, this is the perfect choice for you. This trimmer is a powerful tool and works as well as gas powered and corded tools.
The Worx WG261 20V cordless hedge trimmer has been designed with ergonomic perfection. It is a tough tool that is powerful in its execution but easy and comfortable to use. With over mold handle and a D grip handle, it is a nimble tool that can be conveniently hoisted up and cut at various angles. The 22-inch dual action blade is just the perfect length to achieve clean flat tops and even sides.Check Price in Amazon
The 20V battery used by this trimmer can be used on any other power tool or lawn tool in the Worx power share platform, which makes it the best cordless hedge trimmer with battery and charger.
- Ergonomic perfection with over mold and D grip handles.
- 20V Power Share battery is compatible with other Worx tools as well.
- Dual action blades make of cleaner cuts.
- Reduced vibration means reduced user fatigue.
- Dual-Action hardened steel blades cut through branches smoothly.
- Lightweight and compact design make it the best small cordless hedge trimmer at a mere 5.3 lbs.
- 22-inch dual action blades0perfect for clean flat tops and clean sides.
- Part of the Worx Power Share range of tools.
- Not recommended for trimming branches thicker than 3/4th of an inch.
One of the features that set this cordless hedge trimmer apart is the 3/4th inch gap between the blades, which helps dissipate the power used in cutting branches, and effectively reduces vibration.
This cordless hedge trimmer reviews as the best option for senior users and amateurs just venturing into yard work. The most dreadful of the yard chores will easily become the most enjoyable with this powerful tool in your arsenal.
5. Best lightweight cordless hedge trimmer – Greenworks HT-240 [40v 24 inch]
This cordless hedge trimmer from Greenworks is powered by an universal 40V battery that powers over 50 Greenworks 40V range power tools and is the best option for anyone with a yard as big as 1/2 acres. With over 60 minutes of runtime and upto 3200 strokes per minute, this lightweight cordless hedge trimmer slices through branches upto 3/4 inch thick like knife through butter, while its 24 inch dual action blade delivers clean cutting performance.Check Price in Amazon
“Excellent – highly recommended for serious yard work” – By Rider
However, what truly makes this cordless hedge trimmer with battery and charger stand out is the 180 degrees rotating rear handle that provides impeccable control at all possible cutting angles. Coupled with cushioned over mold grip handle, its ergonomic design provides a superior comfort.
- Universal 40V powerful battery.
- 180 degrees rotating rear handle and cushioned over mold grip.
- 24-inch dual action blade slices through branches upto 3/4 inch thick with ease.
- Upto 3200 strokes per minute deliver cleaner cuts.
- Universal 40V can be interchangeably used with other Greenworks 40V range power tools.
- Rotating handle and cushioned grip render superior comfort and immense control at multiple cutting angles.
- With over 60 minutes of run time, the power lasts long enough to get any job done quickly.
- Best suited for people with yards as big as 1/2 acres.
- Not suited for cutting branches thicker than an inch.
Another unique feature of this cordless hedge trimmer is that its battery comes with an integrated USB port that can be used to emergency charge portable devices such as phones or tablets.
With an easy set up before use, this is hands down one of the most hassle free cordless hedge trimmer available in the market for some serious yardwork. It is easy to use, uses no gas and has no frustrating tangled cords to deal with.
6. Best budget cordless hedge trimmer – EGO Power+ HT2400 [56v 24 inch]
If you are someone that is used to the power of gas-powered tools, this cordless hedge trimmer is meant right for you! The EGO Power+ hedge trimmer delivers a performance that is equal or better than many gas-powered models minus the noise and fuss from the fumes. The trimmer uses their 56V Lithium Ion battery that is compatible with all the other EGO Power+ power tools.Check Price in Amazon
“it is really amazing. Have used it for an hour at a …” – By Michael Williams
The 24-inch dual action hardened steel reciprocating blades deliver clean and precise cuts that promote plant health. With upto 3000 strokes per minute, this trimmer will make easy work out of branches that are upto 3/4 inch thick.
- Primary D handle comes with a soft grip.
- Auxiliary bale style rear handle provides superior comfort, control and convenience at any cutting angle.
- Upto 1 hour of run time means plenty run time to get the job done.
- 24-inch dual action blades easily cut through branches upto 3/4 inch thick.
- Universal 56V powerful battery that is compatible with all other EGO Power+ power tools.
- Delivers equally good or better performance than most gas-powered models.
- Uses no gas and causes no fuss from the harmful fumes.
- Clean and precise cuts promote plant health.
- Does not come with the battery kit, however, once you get the battery kit, it can be used with multiple EGO Power+ power tools.
The intuitive electric brake stops blade action quickly and grants improved control. It is one of the highest rated cordless hedge trimmers that comes with a 5-year tool warranty and 3-year battery kit warranty.
Best cordless hedge trimmer for anyone used to the power of gas-powered trimmers. If you are hesitant in switching over from gas-powered tools this cordless hedge trimmer will change your perspective for good.
7. Best Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer – Ryobi P2603 [18v 18 inch]
The Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer is ideal for some light duty trimming jobs to trim branches that are upto 3/8 inch thick. The 18-inch dual action blade on this electric cordless hedge trimmer operate with reduced vibration leading to effectively reduced operator fatigue. It features a wraparound handle that renders greater control while performing cutting jobs. This budget cordless hedge trimmer is best recommended for yards as big as 1/3 acres.Check Price in Amazon
“Good for simple hedge trimming.” – By John T.
The 18V batteries used in this small cordless hedge trimmer, are compatible with all the power tools from the Ryobi One+ system of power tools.
- 18-inch dual action blades.
- Lightweight and compact design make it an easy to use and fuss free addition to your power tools arsenal!
- Cuts branches that are upto 3/8 inch thick easily.
- 18V batteries used on this tool are versatile and compatible with other power tools in the Ryobi One+ power tools range.
- Dual action blades operate with reduced vibrations and lead to less operator fatigue.
- Perfect for light duty trimming jobs.
- Best suited for maintenance of landscaping with sparse and light shrubbery.
- Gets the job done quickly and easily with reduced amount of efforts than manual clippers.
- The Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer does not come with the battery and charger, which have to be bought separately.
An ideal choice for users that do not have thick shrubbery around their yard, looking for something quick and convenient over manual clippers. This trimmer gets the basic jobs done in no time and is a good tool to start with if you are new to using power tools.
8. Best cordless pole hedge trimmer – Greenworks Pro GHT80321 [80v 26 inch]
The Greenworks 26 inch 80V cordless hedge trimmer is equal or more powerful than any gas powered hedge trimmer available in the market. The beastly 80V 2Ah Lithium Ion battery on this trimmer works interchangeably with the 20+ power tools in the 80V Max range of power tools and comes with a Rapid Charger that charges the battery in just 30 minutes.Check Price in Amazon
This is arguably the best long reach cordless hedge trimmer out there with a hoard of innovative features that make the most labour intensive yard chore a breeze. The 26-inch dual action blade easily cuts branches as thick as 3/4 inch and the innovative 7-position pivoting head adjusts the blade for trimming at various angles.
- 26-inch Dual Action blades easily cut through branches as thick as 3/4 inch.
- 80V 2Ah Lithium Ion battery for powerful cutting performance.
- Cushioned Overmold grip for comfortable cutting experience and reduced user fatigue.
- Rapid Charger charges the battery in just 30 minutes.
- 7-Position pivoting head for hassle free trimming at various angles.
- 80V 2Ah battery can be interchangeably used with other Greenworks 80V Max range of power tools.
- Cuts upto 350 yards of hedges on a single charge.
- Hassle free electric trigger start.
- Slightly on the heavier side, meant for heavy-duty cutting jobs.
And there is more! When you purchase this cordless pole hedge trimmer, a 4-year tool warranty and a 2-year battery warranty protects your investment.
It is the best cordless hedge trimmer for anyone looking for a tool to get some serious hedge trimming done in their yard. This extendable cordless hedge trimmer is ideal for heavy-duty cutting jobs and is recommended for people with previous experience with using power tools in their yards.
9. Best Makita cordless hedge trimmer – Makita XHU02Z [18v 22 inch]
Japanese engineered quality power tool, Makita cordless hedge trimmer. The 18V LXT battery used in this cordless hedge trimmer are compatible with all other 18V LXT tools. This electric cordless hedge trimmer comes equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls that protects the battery against overheating, over loading and over discharging and the battery capacity warning system automatically stops the motor to notify the user when the battery needs to be recharged.Check Price in Amazon
Its 22 inch Dual Action Double Sided Shear Blade provides precise cutting while the motor delivers a 2700 strokes per minute for fast cutting. It is surprisingly lightweight weighing in at only 7.7 lbs with battery for comfort and less user fatigue. Further operator comfort is achieved by its Anti-vibration structure that is engineered with cushioning in the motor housing, which minimises vibration.
- 25% quieter than other cordless units.
- Efficient power management with Star Protection Computer Protection and battery capacity warning system.
- 22 inch Dual Action Double Sided Shear Blade provides precise cutting.
- Quick blade change without having to disassemble the unit.
- Rubberised soft grip for increased user comfort.
- Lightweight and compact design – Weighing in at just 7.7 lbs with battery.
- 2700 Strokes per minute cutting speed for fast cutting action.
- Anti-vibration structure minimised vibration.
- Batteries are sold separately; however, the batteries are compatible with other Makita power tools as well.
This is the best-rated cordless hedge trimmer, with almost no critical reviews.
This cordless hedge trimmer is a durable tool that if used and maintained carefully, will last you a long time. Makita is known for its unbeatable quality and Japanese engineering. It is highly recommended for anyone who has a regular trimming requirement in the yard.
10. Best Dewalt cordless hedge trimmer – DEWALT DCHT820P1 [20v 22 inch]
The Dewalt cordless hedge trimmer tackles tough jobs with ease. Its 20V Max Lithium Ion battery is powerful enough to handle trimming of branches as thick as 3/4 inch and can be interchangeably used with all the other power tools in Dewalt’s 20V Max range of power tools. The high capacity batteries also hold the charge for long and take very less time to fully charge.Check Price in Amazon
“It is worth every penny!” – By Jeff C.
Electric cordless hedge trimmers are more convenient to use and maintain when compared to gas powered tools since there are no carburettors or air filters to clean and maintain, no need for mixing gas and inhaling the harmful fumes while you work your yard and the tools start easily with push of a button.
- 22-inch high precision sharp steel blades for precise cuts.
- 20V Max Lithium Ion battery powerful enough to handle tough cutting jobs.
- Easily cuts though branches as thick as 3/4 inch.
- Lightweight and compact design for comfortable prolonged use.
- High capacity 20V Max Lithium Ion battery compatible with other Dewalt 20V Max power tools.
- Best budget cordless hedge trimmer at the price point.
- Comes with battery and charger kit.
- Reduced user fatigue with lightweight ergonomic design.
- Not recommended to be used for branches thicker than 3/4 inches.
This cordless hedge trimmer is good value for money, especially if you already own any of Dewalt’s 20V Max range power tools. This little person gets the job done and makes the landscaping around the yard fun!
Buying guide – things to be noted before making the order
Now that you are equipped with our detailed reviews, zeroing down on a cordless hedge trimmer that is perfect for you will be easier. But, we suggest you consider the following pointers, which will serve as effective buying guides, and help you purchase the tool that best suits your requirements.
How frequently do your hedges need a trim?
Ask yourself this and if your answer is fairly frequently, then choose a cordless hedge trimmer with more powerful battery and if your yard only needs occasional trims, then trimmers with smaller battery will suffice your purpose.
What is the purpose behind getting a cordless hedge trimmer?
If you are looking for an upgrade over manual clippers and you are looking for something simple but automatic, that saves you efforts and time, choosing a simpler tool with lesser maintenance requirements will be a better option for you.
However, if you are looking to replace your gas powered or corded trimmer with a cordless trimmer, look for something that delivers equally powerful cutting performance to avoid any kind of disappointment in the future.
How thick is the shrubbery around your yard?
Most cordless hedge trimmers easily cut through thinner, sparse shrubbery. But if the shrubbery around your yard is stubborn and relatively thicker opting for a trimmer with higher voltage battery will serve you better.
How high are the hedges?
When you figure this out, you can easily decide whether you need a trimmer with pole extension or only the trimmer without extension pole will serve your needs just fine.
Do you own any other power tools?
This is an important because with the growing trend of power sharing platform of power tools, if you already own a few power tools, opting for a trimmer from the same power share platform will be an intelligent investment.
Other than the above pointers, you also need to take into consideration the weight of the tool that you choose, your budget and the warranty to protect your investment.
A few Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the batteries from my other power tools with the trimmer?
If you own other equipments from the same power share platform of the same brand, then yes, the batteries are interchangeable. However, the batteries cannot be interchanged among different brands just because they are of same power.
Are battery powered cordless hedge trimmers as powerful as gas powered or corded ones?
That is dependent on the motor and how powerful the batteries are. Some cordless hedge trimmers are even more powerful than gas powered ones. However, cordless hedge trimmers are definitely low maintenance and easier to use than gas powered counterparts.
Can I use my hedge trimmers to trim branches thicker than the recommended thickness?
Generally speaking, you should not. The recommendations made by the brands are based upon thorough testing of the products and if you try to push the product beyond their tested capacities, you will have to bear the repercussions in the form of repairs and unwarranted downtime from the tools.
Do cordless hedge trimmers emit harmful fumes?
No, and that is the biggest advantage of battery powered tools. No gas means no harmful fumes. Battery powered tools are easy and convenient for you and better for the environment as well.
Now that we have spelled it out for you, choosing the best cordless hedge trimmer best suited to your needs will be a breeze! Lookout for all the features, pros and cons, make thorough comparisons and achieve that perfectly landscaped yard of your dreams!