You might get it confusing to get the right corded electric pole saw for you as there are many brands and models available.
We did the research for you considering all the factors like power, quality, price, history, service, review etc. and prepared a list of best electric pole saws for you to help you to buy the best value electric pole saw of your choice.
Pay a close attention to the details we provided, cause it would help you to get the best electric pole saw according to your personal need and budget.
- Best Electric Pole Saw [Updated list 2020]
- 1. Sun Joe SWJ806E – Best corded electric pole saw
- 2. WORX WG309 – Best value electric pole saw
- 3. WEN 4019 Electric Telescoping Pole Saw
- 4. Scotts PS45010S Corded Electric Pole Saw
- 5. Remington RM1035P Ranger II electric pole saw
- 6. Earthwise PS44008 electric pole saw
- 7. Ryobi RY43160 electric pole saw
- Best Electric Pole Saw Buying Guide
Best Electric Pole Saw [Updated list 2020]
1. Sun Joe SWJ806E – Best corded electric pole saw
Sun Joe is specialized in developing innovative outdoor power tools to keep our home clean and beautiful whether sun is shining hot or snow is falling!Check Price in Amazon
The Sun Joe SWJ806E 2-in-1 convertible electric pole chainsaw also known as telescoping pole saw as it can reach up to 15 feet of overhead.
With just a push of a button you can convert it into a chainsaw, that only takes 10 seconds!
With a powerful 8-amp motor and a durable, 8-inch Oregon bar and chain, the SWJ806E can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7.5-inches thick.
The auto-oiler keeps the bar and chain fully lubricated during use.
As it is electrically powered, no need to to deal with smoke, fumes, spark plugs or costly tune-ups. Also SWJ806E comes equipped with a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starting
The Sun Joe SWJ806E convertible electric pole chainsaw carries a full two-year warranty.
- Powerful 8.0 amp motor
- 8 inch cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- Assembly is quick and easy
- For a 8 inch saw SWJ806E cuts pretty good.
- Best lightweight electric pole saw
- Pole extends very easily, extremely sharp 8 inch chain (7.5 inch cut) goes through limbs like a knife slicing butter
- The pole isn’t flimsy even when fully extended
- Great automatic chain oiler
- Some user mentioned it a heavy but it’s just 5.51 pounds!
Some other popular Sun Joe electric pole saw in the same series:
- Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain
- Sun Joe SWJ803E-CMO 10 inch 8.0 Amp Electric Multi-Angle Pole Chain Saw, Camo
- Sun Joe SWJ807E Electric Pole Chainsaw
Sun Joe SWJ806E is low cost and lightweight but mighty in power! Highly recommend electric extendable pole chain saw.
2. WORX WG309 – Best value electric pole saw
This is WORX 2-in-1 pole saw and chainsaw. Unique and multi functional.
The 8 amp and 8 inch electric pole saw and chainsaw is an innovative tool that lets your make fast, clean and safe cuts to even those hard to reach areas. There is no need for a ladder as the 8 feet extension pole provides 10 feet of reach.
Then detach the pole for use a normal chainsaw to cut up the fallen limbs.
The auto tension system combines with auto oiling makes WORX WG309 electric pole saw easy to use and keeps it running smoothly.
Tool less installation makes it quick and convenient to transition from chainsaw to pole saw or vise versa.
It weighs around 10 pounds and is considered as medium weight product when compared to other electric pole saw.Check Price in Amazon
- Consistent performance with 8 amp powerful motor.
- The oil tank capacity is 120 ml.
- Rotatable working handle for easy pruning.
- 8 feet extension pole.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Chain speed 8.5 m/s and rated voltage 120V – 60Hz.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble, clean and maintain.
- Self oiler.
- Operation is quiet and vibration free.
- Automatic chain tensioner.
- With powerful motor, it cuts through branches like butter.
- After you release the switch, it takes full five seconds for the blade to stop moving. It’s not a dead man switch, and there is no chain brake.
- Oil is not included in the box, but the device needs oil to start up!
- The saw is very easy to use but the manual is a little confusing.
- The saw is heavy on the poll, you will need a strong shoulder. But it’s obvious. Anyone who understands physics should agree an 8 pound saw on an 8 foot poll is going to be heavy.
WORX WG309 is corded electric pole saw. If you need a cordless one, go for WORX WG323 , a 20V 10 inch pole chain saw with auto tension.
WORX WG309 is a low-maintenance perfect yard tool for light to medium duty trimming, lambing, pruning and clean up around the yard. Overall incredible saw. You will absolutely love it!
3. WEN 4019 Electric Telescoping Pole Saw
Using a pole saw, it feels much safer than using a chain saw and a ladder.
WEN 4019 is awesome to cut down large limbs and small to medium size branches. WEN 4019 works like a champ. The extra length makes it so much easy to reach the branches. Also great to cut the fallen branches on the ground. You can save a lot of money rather than hiring a tree service.Check Price in Amazon
- The telescoping pole adjusts anywhere from 5.3 feet to 7.3 feet for upto 12 feet. That’s long!
- 6 amp electric motor
- Oregon chain rotates upto 36 feet/second
- Just 6.7 pounds
- Tool less chain adjustment
- Emission free operation
- Includes a shoulder strap
- Two years warranty
- Very easy to assemble. Just 4 screws to attach a handle, and tool-less installation for the chain and bar.
- Extremely quite.
- Lubricating oil included.
- Oil level sight glass makes it easy to see.
- The saw includes an ambidextrous built-in safety switch to minimize accidents and a scabbard to protect the chain and bar between jobs.
- You might get installing the shoulder strap a bit problematic as the lock mechanism is weak.
Alternative: WEN 40421 40V Max Lithium Ion cordless electric pole saw.
Easy to use, even for a woman who never uses chainsaw before. A great and handy product with great customer service from Wen. It is a pleasure to use.
4. Scotts PS45010S Corded Electric Pole Saw
DTL.“Very Pleased overall” – By
Scotts Outdoor Power Tools PS45010S corded electric pole saw takes trimming branches to the next level with the extended length that reaches up to 9’5″ making it one of the longest electric pole saws available in the market.
With the reach and power, this electric pole saw offers everything you need for tree trimming all the branches and limbs around your house.
The corded electric function of the pole saw leaves out the gas and oily mess that comes along with gas-powered pole saws. Avoid the mess and stress and makes Scotts Corded Pole Saw your tree trimming friend!Check Price in Amazon
- Powerful 8 amp electric motor requires no gas or oil, resulting in no fumes and no mess
- Fully extended pole saw allows for 15 feet reach
- 10 inch Oregon bar and chain
- 30 degree /2 adjustable cutting head angles
- Automatic oiling system with oil level window
- Tool-free tensioner adjustment
- Rubber over molded handle with foam grip for comfort and ease during use
- Motor, bar and chain come assembled, just have to attach handle and head to the pole.
- The oregon bar and chain means replacements are easily available.
- The tilt head is a big plus
- Fast cutting, almost effortless.
- Three year warranty.
- Just like all other electric pole saws, the front end is heavy but manageable.
Great tool, powerful and easy to use. Works great and nice and light.
5. Remington RM1035P Ranger II electric pole saw
This device has got you covered if you are looking for a long reach. This device has two adjustable Aluminium poles that extend 10 feet to give you improved reach and stability while trimming trees and branches.
The electric 8 amp motor powers through limbs quickly and the low-kickback 10 Inch bar and chain give the machine more stability while lopping and pruning. The powerful motor eases the process of cutting branches and logs.Check Price in Amazon
- This device has a 2-in-1 functionality. Detach the saw from the pole to convert the unit from a pole saw to a chain saw.
- This device is highly adjustable. A telescoping design paired with flip and lock clamps allows the operator to quickly adjust the length of the pole saw.
- The anti-rotation shaft and non-slip grip present in this device increases the comfort and stability during use.
- Pole assembly is very easy.
- This pole saw is not too loud and cuts very well.
- Some users have reported that this product is made from plastic that might cause problems for some users.
- The pole extension which comes split in half for packaging can’t be detached again after you connect the two halves.
- This is the product for you if you are looking for a budget 2-in-1 pole saw and chain saw device. This product gives you an edge over others, because remington electric pole saw parts are easily available.
6. Earthwise PS44008 electric pole saw
The Earthwise electric convertible pole saw extends to over 9 feet 6 inch. The 8 inch Oregon bar is adjustable to 3 cutting angles which gives us the opportunity to cut high sections of the tree from various positions.
This device is two tools in one. It converts from a pole saw to a handheld chainsaw with just a push of a button. This pole is made of lightweight fiber glass which extends reach over to 9 feet. If we remove the pole it becomes a powerful chainsaw.Check Price in Amazon
- This device has an 8 inch Oregon bar and chain.
- This device is lightweight and adjustable.
- This device has automatic oiling system.
- Some users have reported that this pole saw cuts very well like a light saber.
- The saw blade does not get dull even after using the pole saw for a long time.
- Some users have reported that the chain tension bolt gets lost in the brush with the passing of time.
- Some users have reported that the chain falls off sometimes during the usage of the pole saw.
- This device should be your choice if you are looking for both lightweight and powerful chainsaw.
7. Ryobi RY43160 electric pole saw
The Ryobi pole saw has a powerful 6 amp motor. This device can help us to reach long lengths easily. There is a built in automatic oiler which keeps the saw running smoothly and the cutting head is angled for better cut control.
This device is made out of high quality material and not cheap quality material. This pole saw is factory refurbished and is guaranteed to meet or exceed the performance of a brand new unit. A 90 day warranty is provided with this item.Check Price in Amazon
- This device has a telescopic fiberglass shaft which extends reach up to 9 feet high.
- This product has an inline motor design for surgical pruning.
- This device an 8 inch narrow kerf bar and chain for quick pruning.
- This device is a nice lightweight limb trimmer.
- This powerful pole saw can cut through limbs of 6 inch without any difficulty.
- Some users have reported that chain comes off often while using the saw.
- Ryobi is using a thin soft steel plate with a little leg sticking out to hold the bar.
- This should be your choice if you are looking for a lightweight and budget oriented device.
Best Electric Pole Saw Buying Guide
You have gone through all the best electric pole saws available in the market, still some doubt may be lurking around your minds regarding the products which may be good for you, or which may not be feasible for your usage.
To vanquish your uncertainty in choosing the best product for you, we have prepared a detailed buying guide for you to choose on what’s good for you and what’s not. Read On!
Before buying an electric pole saw, definitely look upon these details, there are great merits of using battery operated pole saws, and hence give amazing performance while you are using it for heavy working purposes. Even though you don’t get the working to be as stronger as the corded ones, you don’t have to worry about having to ensure that the cord is connected.
Even when you are working while moving a lot, if you have a battery-powered pole saw, then you won’t face any problems, because you don’t have to worry about coiling of cords.
The most common problems when you have a corded pole saw is that when you are on a serious pruning session, suddenly the cord gets unplugged from the socket and the device turns of, this is eliminated by the usage of battery-powered pole saw.
There are two sides in a coin, the other type of the electric pole saw is the corded one, which has many merits too, like you never have to worry about running out of electricity. If you are a battery user, then you may face problems while working for long hours, as most batteries have limited capacity of storing power.
If you have to work at ranges which are farther than what your cord length is, then go for the extended cord, which are very inexpensive too. On the other hand, if you wanna work longer using a battery driven one, then you gotta buy an extra battery, which costs very much.
Both of the corded and battery driven are good in their own arenas, that is they both have their pros and cons, some of which we have mentioned above to make you sure of the one you want to buy.
Although we have focused more on the corded pole saw, if you are looking for battery driven ones, make sure to check out our other electric pole saw reviews.
Make sure whatever pole saw you buy, it should be very lightweight, and you shouldn’t need to be a Hercules to wield it. We are telling this as if you use a much heavy product, then you may face some problems in your arms and shoulders due to stress imparted because of the heavy weight.
Also, make sure that you buy the product that gives the highest power, to make sure it can cut through a limb of a reasonable thickness in diameter. Pleases make sure that you never buy a pole saw of lower power, as it is a demerit for your job.
The last but not the least tip is that always buy products whose parts can always be replaced easily without any issues. Like the chain in the saw, blade, etc. Because it can prove to be very useful for you to save your money on full replacements.
That’s all you need to know before buying a pole saw for yourselves, here we end our buying guide.
In this guide we have covered all the aspects required for buying an electric pole saw. We have made ample research in this matter and not just put up the facts, we have given you the truly top electric pole saws in the market. We are sure that the users will clear all their doubts after reading this guide.
Before choosing the right electric pole saw the users should consider all the factors that we have discussed in this guide. If they read all the details given this guide properly we can assure that they will find the best electric pole saw of their choice.