The problem of overgrown verges and shrubs isn’t unfamiliar to any house owner. Because of the advent of technology, it’s never been easier to take care of them. To mow them away, the perfect thing you need is a trimmer.
But which kind of trimmer to use? Is the electric hedge trimmer better or the gas hedge one? The thing is, it depends upon the mode of usage, gas powered trimmers provide much more power than the electric hedge ones. The gas-powered trimmers also provide a number of other benefits.
Vibration dampening systems that protect the user from tremors and comfortless experiences.
Alterable handles that can rotate up to a breath-taking 180 degrees.
Here are some of the best gas hedge trimmers available in the market, so that you can choose wisely and not fall blindfolded for false adverts.
Poulan Pro PR2322 – Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer
The Poulan Pro gas-powered trimmer is a very lightweight gas trimmer, which weighs only a minuscule 11.1 lbs, this makes it very easy for transportation and utilisation.
It has robust dual-action stainless steel blades, which can cut appendages up to 22 inches wide and 1 inch in diameter.
It has a mighty 23cc (cubic centimetres) 2-cycle full crank engine for extreme performance while cutting. It has an innovative anti-vibration, which allows loftier controls.
It even has a rotating handle with comfort grip, abridged fatigue and highest cutting control.Check Price in Amazon
- Weight- 11.1 lbs
- Strong dual-action stainless steel blades
- 23cc 2-cycle engine
- The Poulan Pro gas powered trimmer is one of the most inexpensive trimmers available in the market. But don’t be misguided by the price, even though the price is low the working is as effective as any of the similar priciest products in the market.
- It has a very strong engine which expedites smoother and better functioning.
- Be heedful of the mix of oil which you pour into the machine. Using a mix which is too rich in oil can cause excess smoke and can leave oil in the exhaust, which can be identified as a black gummy substance.
- A mix too rich with gas will burn hotter leaving a potential threat of damage to the parts of the trimmer.
Q: Where can you find your serial number?
A: The serial number can be found on the bottom of the product or in your paper work, also this should be on your warranty paper.
Q: Does the product have an inbuilt battery for emergency purposes?
A: No, it is solely a gas-powered unit.
The Poulan pro is easily one of the best gas hedge trimmers in terms of affordability and functionality. It’s a light weight, strong gas powered hedge trimmer, best suitable for domestic purposes.
Tanaka TCH22EAP2 – Best Gas Hedge Trimmer with 20-Inch Double-Sided Blades
The Tanaka gas hedge trimmer has 20-inch dual countering commercial class blades with security tips for more safety. It even has a purge bulb and an S-Start for rapid, swift and easy starts.
It has a 21.1cc commercial grade 2-cycle engine which allows extreme consistency, endurance and resilience. It consists of an onward-facing exhaust which helps in averting seared shrubberies.
It also has a special feature of a 5-position rear handle for an all-out luxury and motility. Overall, it’s quite the all-rounder in terms of power and structure.Check Price in Amazon
- 20-inch commercial class blades
- 21.1cc 2 cycle-engine
- Equipped with a top-notch exhaust system
- The Tanaka gas head trimmer is pretty much affordable to everyone.
- It is absolutely flawless in terms of functioning.
- The unique rotating handle is a going to be a real asset for you while working as it encourages smooth and efficient working.
- It is also very quiet and less tiring while working for a long time.
- The only setback is that it’s a little bit heavy. If you want to cut through a bush having an uneasy angle, it becomes a little heavy to handle.
Q: Which oil mix is recommended specifically for this product?
A: One can of 2-stroke oil mixed with a gallon of gasoline. Basically, in the ratio 50:1.
Q: Can you attach an extension and modular arm with the product?
A: No, you cannot.
Overall, the Tanaka gas hedge trimmer is the go-to product if you want lightning fast engine starts and best performance. It’s not that pricier either, and it can cut through the strongest bushes as if its no big deal.
Husqvarna 122HD60 – Best Husqvarna Gas Hedge Trimmer
The stern handle is made adjustable to make the machine function in a more adaptable way. An air purge has been installed, which removes all the air from the carburettor and the fuel structure for a stress-free start.
The auto return stop switch initiates less hectic starts. An anti-vibration system ensures less tremor and safeguards smoothness and ease while working.Check Price in Amazon
- Weight – 10.8 lbs
- Blade length –24 inches
- Low noise
- Adjustable stern handgrip
- The product is very well balanced, and the weight is distributed uniformly.
- It starts almost instantaneously without any jerks or problems.
- It is a very efficient product in terms of working and fuel consumption.
- The product is a bit expensive compared to other similar products, but it is durable and lasts much longer than similar products available in the market.
Q: Are there any major assemblies required after unboxing the product?
A: No, there will not be any major assemblies required, but there can be some minor assemblies which shouldn’t be any trouble for you.
Q: What is the prescribed gas oil ratio to be used?
A: 2.5oz of 2-cycle oil mixed with one gallon of gasoline.
Totally, if you have a bigger budget then this Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer is the best gas hedge trimmer out there for you. It has the power, endurance, durability and above all, its long lasting.
Husqvarna 122HD45 – 18 in. 21.7cc 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer
The design of the engine and the starter are so perfect that they facilitate quick starting and the minutest effort is required to do so. The anti-vibration system which is present in the machine engrosses all the vibration making the machine more user-friendly and elegant to use.
This trimmer is powerful enough to cut through even the thickest of the thickest bushes that can grow in your backyard and it still lives and works for a long amount of time, it’s performance and durability right out of the box.Check Price in Amazon
- Designed in way to avoid noise and give a better user experience.
- The trimmer is featherily light and gives a premium experience for the operator
- The Husqvarna 122HD45, being a gas-powered trimmer provides much more efficiency and durability than other products.
- It is cheaper than the Husqvarna 122HD60, which gives another reason to grab it and use it at your abode.
- The carburettor sometimes misadjusts itself and it stops working. It only happens when we bend the machine sideways, but this problem has only been observed by a very small number of users, and it will work perfectly if you just go to the repair shop and adjust the carburettor.
Q: Do you have to hold the trigger or does it lock automatically?
A: The trimmer doesn’t have a lock, you have to hold the trigger to make it work.
Q: What is the power output of the trimmer?
A: The power output is 0.6 kW.
If you have the muscle power to handle the weight of the trimmer, this is the best one out there because, it is power and stamina jampacked in a single product, and the Husqvarna gas hedge trimmers are the best ones available in the market.
Check our Hedge Trimmer Buying Guide
So, we just saw the various reasons why these gas hedge trimmers are superior in a way that in some prospects they outdo one another, but in the other arenas they remain weaker. Definitely it’s your choice which one of the four best gas hedge trimmers do you want to buy. Depending on the pros and cons, you can definitely choose the best one for you. So, the best gas hedge trimmer should have the safest design and function, which shouldn’t cause any health hazards. So, keeping safety and powers as the utmost concerns choose your product carefully and make the best use of it for your welfare.