It’s not too hard to pick the best gas hedge trimmer as not many is available in the market. And we have shortlisted and the top 5 gas powered hedge trimmer is reviewed in this article for you.
The gas hedge trimmer is practical for situations where power and uninterrupted use of the tool is really required to have a much better finish.
The best specimens are used for professional situations, in most cases, such as in mansions, sports complexes, government houses, hotels and others.
|Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer|
Best gas powered hedge trimmer
|Husqvarna 966532302 122HD45 Gas Hedge Trimmer, 21.7 cc/18/10.3 lb, Orange |
Best Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer
|Husqvarna 122HD60 21.7cc Gas 23.7-in Dual Action Hedge Trimmer 9665324-02|
Best commercial gas hedge trimmer
|Tanaka TCH22EAP2 21cc 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer with 20-Inch Double-Sided Blades|
Best value gas hedge trimmer
|Echo HC-152 Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer|
Best Echo gas hedge trimmer
- Best Gas Hedge Trimmer
- 1. Best gas powered hedge trimmer – Poulan Pro PR2322 [23cc 22 inch]
- 2. Best Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer – Husqvarna 122HD45 [21.7cc 18 inch]
- 3. Best commercial gas hedge trimmer – Husqvarna 122HD60 [21.7cc 23.7 inch]
- 4. Best value gas hedge trimmer – Tanaka TCH22EAP2 [21cc 20 inch]
- 5. Best Echo gas hedge trimmer – Echo HC-152 [21.2 cc 20 inch]
- Buying Guide – What is the best gas hedge trimmer on the market?
Best Gas Hedge Trimmer
1. Best gas powered hedge trimmer – Poulan Pro PR2322 [23cc 22 inch]
Poulan Pro PR2322, the best gas hedge trimmer as well as the best lightweight gas hedge trimmer, which weighs only 11.1 lbs, this makes it very easy for transportation and utilization.
It has robust dual-action stainless steel blades, which can cut appendages up to 22 inches wide and 1 inch in diameter.
It has a mighty 23cc (cubic centimetres) 2-cycle full crank engine for extreme performance while cutting. It has an innovative anti-vibration, which allows loftier controls.
It even has a rotating handle with comfort grip, reduced fatigue and highest cutting control.Check Price in Amazon
- 23cc 2 cycle gas powered dual sided hedge trimmer
- Strong dual-action stainless steel blades
- Rotating handle with comfort grip
- Advanced anti-vibration
- Lightweight gas hedge trimmer of just 11.1 lbs
- The Poulan Pro gas powered trimmer is one of the most inexpensive trimmers available in the market. But don’t be misguided by the price, even though the price is low, the working is as effective as any of the high priced products in the market.
- It has a very strong engine which expedites smoother and better functioning. The blades cut cleanly and neatly.
- The power handle locks in 3 different positions.
- Has a pretty big fuel tank.
- Gas powered hedge trimmer that starts every time.
- There is a hard plastic connection between the rear handle and the gas engine. Little risk involved there as a few people might break the hard plastic connection. A steel connection would be better.
The Poulan Pro is easily one of the best gas hedge trimmers in terms of affordability and functionality. It’s a light weight, strong gas powered hedge trimmer, best suitable for domestic purposes too.
2. Best Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer – Husqvarna 122HD45 [21.7cc 18 inch]
The design of the engine and the starter are so perfect that they facilitate quick starting and the minutest effort is required to do so. The anti-vibration system which is present in the machine engrosses all the vibration, making the machine more user-friendly and elegant to use.
This trimmer is powerful enough to cut through even the thickest of the thickest bushes that can grow in your backyard and it lives and works for a long amount of time. It’s a high performer and durable gas hedge trimmer ready to cut right out of the box.Check Price in Amazon
- 18 inch gas hedge trimmer cuts shrubs up to 4/5 in. thick
- 21.7cc, 2-cycle engine cuts fast with ample power
- 12.5 pounds lightweight gas hedge trimmer
- Stainless steel dual action blade cuts in either direction
- Designed in way to avoid noise and give a better user experience.
- The trimmer is feathery light and gives a premium experience for the operator
- Provides much more efficiency and durability than most other products.
- It is cheaper than the Husqvarna 122HD60, which gives another reason to grab it and use it at your abode.
- The carburetor sometimes misadjusts itself and it stops working. It only happens when we bend the machine sideways, but this problem has only been observed by a very small number of users, and it will work perfectly if you just go to the repair shop and adjust the carburetor.
If you have the muscle power to handle the weight of the trimmer, (which you should have, as it’s just 12.5 pounds) this is the best one out there because, it is power and stamina jam packed in a single product, and the Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer is the best heavy duty gas hedge trimmer available in the market.
3. Best commercial gas hedge trimmer – Husqvarna 122HD60 [21.7cc 23.7 inch]
Husqvarna products are well known for quality and reliability. Same goes for Husqvarna 122HD60, the best professional gas hedge trimmer.Check Price in Amazon
- The Smart Start motor and starter have been structured so the machine begins rapidly with least exertion.
- A carburetor air cleanse framework expels air from the carburetor and fuel framework for simple beginning
- At the point when the machine is switched off, the stop switch consequently comes back to the beginning situation for easy starting
- The back handle is flexible to encourage cutting the sides and top of fences
- Anti vibration dampeners retain vibration, diminishing weight on the client’s arms and hands
- The product is very well balanced, and the weight is distributed uniformly.
- It starts almost instantaneously without any jerks or problems.
- It is a very efficient product in terms of working and fuel consumption.
- No major assembly required
- The product is a bit expensive compared to other similar products, but it is durable and lasts much longer than similar products available in the market.
- You will need a carburetor adjustment.
Totally, if you have a bigger budget then this Husqvarna gas hedge trimmer is the best gas hedge trimmer out there for you. It has the power, endurance, durability and above all, its long lasting.
4. Best value gas hedge trimmer – Tanaka TCH22EAP2 [21cc 20 inch]
The Tanaka gas hedge trimmer has 20-inch dual countering commercial class blades with security tips for more safety. It even has a purge bulb and an S-Start for rapid, swift and easy starts.
It has a 21.1cc commercial grade 2-cycle engine which allows extreme consistency, endurance and resilience. It consists of an onward-facing exhaust which helps in averting seared shrubberies.
It also has a special feature of a 5-position rear handle for an all-out luxury and motility. Overall, it’s quite the all-rounder in terms of power and structure.Check Price in Amazon
Incredible machine and even better price!
- 21.1cc business grade 2-cycle engine
- Reliable and durable
- 5 position back handle for maximum comfort
- Equipped with a top-notch exhaust system
- 20 inch dual reciprocating commercial grade blades with safety tips
- Purge bulb and S-Start for quick and easy starts
- The Tanaka gas hedge trimmer is pretty much affordable to everyone.
- It is absolutely flawless in terms of functioning.
- The unique rotating handle is going to be a real asset for you while working as it encourages smooth and efficient working.
- It is also very quiet and less tiring while working for a long time.
- Very high quality and works great for hedge trimming and shaping
- The only setback is that it’s a little bit heavy. If you want to cut through a bush having an uneasy angle, it becomes a little heavy to handle.
Overall, the Tanaka gas hedge trimmer is the go-to product if you want lightning fast engine starts and best performance. It’s not that pricier either, and it can cut through the strongest bushes as if its no big deal. You would love your machine, light weight and smooth, powerful and quiet.
5. Best Echo gas hedge trimmer – Echo HC-152 [21.2 cc 20 inch]
Echo HC-152 hedge trimmer will cut a hardwood branch up to about 3/4″. Long engine life.Check Price in Amazon
- 21.2 cc professional grade, 2-stroke engine
- Commercial-duty air filtration system
- Tool-less air filter
- 20 inch double-sided, double-reciprocating blades
- Large ergonomic front handle with safety guard
- Well balanced
- Cuts easily and starts right up
- Large ergonomic front handle increased comfort and control
- Rigid support bar allows straighter and more precise cuts
Great product at a good price. Will exceed your expectations!
Buying Guide – What is the best gas hedge trimmer on the market?
If you want to select the appropriate equipment, the first thing you should do is know what its main characteristics are, this way you will have clearer what aspects to consider when choosing a good quality model. Through the following guide to buy the best gas hedge trimmer we explain some of its most important qualities.
Before considering how much one of these devices costs, it is important to consider the type of blades that each model has.
Although the appliance is expensive or economic, the blades it uses must be of high quality, otherwise they will not cut the branches of the hedges properly and you will lose the investment you have made to acquire it.
These are usually made of resistant metals, which guarantee their adequate durability and prevent them from deteriorating when impacting the plants, regardless of how hard they are.
On the other hand, if you want to have a tool that makes precise cuts, then you must make sure that the blade is quite sharp.
In addition, you also need to check the level of separation between the teeth of the swords, this will indicate the thickness of the branches that you can cut.
Other aspects that you should take into account is the length of the cut made by the device. If the sword is very long then you will be able to cover a wide area, but it is also necessary to make sure that it offers you a good level of balance, so that you manage to hold the cutter without problems.
When it comes to design features, you should pay special attention to the weight of these products. Although they are not usually very light, you must make sure that the model you choose is not too heavy, since you will probably carry it for a considerable time and you will have to travel wide spaces with it, so the lighter it is, the less effort you will have to make.
If you want to have equipment that you can use comfortably, then you will also have to look at the type of handle it has. Most of the devices have two handles, one is behind the bar, while the other is at the back, thanks to this it is possible to hold it firmly when you are pruning shrubs and other garden plants.
In several cases it is possible to adjust the position of the rear handle, if so you will have the possibility to accommodate it depending on the type of cut you are going to make and according to your needs.
Another of the qualities that these equipment often incorporate to offer you a good level of comfort when cutting the hedges, are the anti-vibration systems, these reduce the amount of movements that the device makes when it remains in operation and thanks to them you will be able to finish all the tasks that you have proposed without getting too tired.
- Power : Average from 22 to 26 cc (cubic centimeters).
- Speed : Average 3,200 to 3,800 CPM (runs per minute).
- Noise : Average of 97 to 106 dB (decibels).
- Vibration : Average of 4.5 to 10 m / s2 (meters per second squared).
- Weight : Average of 4 to 6 kg (kilos).
So, we just saw the various reasons why these gas hedge trimmers are superior in a way that in some prospects they outdo one another, but in the other arenas they remain weaker. Definitely it’s your choice which one of the four best gas hedge trimmers do you want to buy. Depending on the pros and cons, you can definitely choose the best one for you. So, the best gas hedge trimmer should have the safest design and function, which shouldn’t cause any health hazards. So, keeping safety and powers as the utmost concerns choose your product carefully and make the best use of it for your welfare.