The best homeowner chainsaw is a pretty powerful piece of machinery based on a simple but effective idea – A saw on a chain and the engine does all the hard work for you!
There are three major types of homeowner chainsaws
- Cordless (battery powered) Electric chainsaws
- Corded Electric chainsaws and
- Gas Powered chainsaws
Choosing the right power source for the chainsaw is one of the most important decision when buying a chainsaw for home use. In order to decide the suitable power source for your chainsaw you must consider the following:
- How frequently are you going to use the chainsaw?
- What kind of work are you looking to get done with your chainsaw?
- What is your budget?
10 best homeowner chainsaw reviews with pros and cons listed below for you to choose from which are available in the market and serve you with quality.
- 130 chainsaw is built for the homeowner who needs a lightweight and efficient tool for use around the yard
- 38cc 16 inch gas chainsaw with guide bar and chain
- 2 cycle engine with inertia activated chain brake for safety while operating
- Orange Husqvarna chainsaw Bar cover and 2. 6 ounce 2 cycle fuel Included, Bar and chain oil must be purchased Separately
Latest entry in the market. Ideal for most homeowners.
- 【Ideal for DIY homeowners】Capable of handling tough jobs; Ideal for home yard work and cutting storm damaged trees; Cuts smoothly, semi-chisel chain is more tolerant of dust and dirt; Engineered for safety, meets UL and ANSI low kickback requirements
- 【Your chain stays sharper longer】All chain cutters have an outer layer of industrial chrome for a harder surface; Hardened rivets create a high-quality, load-bearing surface for reduced wear, increased strength and fewer tension adjustments
- 【Smooth and Fast Cutting 】Precision cutting chain, heat-treated, and hard-chromed cutter chain.
- 【Safe design】Engineered for safety, performance, and quality
Best Homeowner Chainsaw
|Best homeowner chainsaw – Husqvarna 18 Inch 450e II Gas Chainsaw (New Model)||Check Price|
|Best homeowner Husqvarna chainsaw – 24 Inch 460 Rancher||Check Price|
|Best rated homeowner chainsaw – BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch (LCS1240)||Check Price|
|Best small homeowner chainsaw – DEWALT DCCS620B 20V Max Compact Cordless Chainsaw Kit Bare Tool with Brushless Motor||Check Price|
|Best corded electric homeowner chainsaw – Greenworks 18-Inch 14.5 Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw 20332||Check Price|
|Best cordless homeowner chainsaw – Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw||Check Price|
|Best cheap homeowner chainsaw – Sun Joe SWJ698E 12-inch 9-Amp Electric Chain Saw with Kickback Safety Brake||Check Price|
|Best brushless motor homeowner chainsaw – Earthwise LCS35814 14-Inch 58-Volt Cordless Brushless Motor Chainsaw||Check Price|
|Best Makita homeowner chainsaw – Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14" Chain Saw Kit with, 4 Batteries (5.0Ah)||Check Price|
|Best self-sharpening homeowner chainsaw – Oregon Cordless 16-inch Self-Sharpening Chainsaw with 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger||Check Price|
- 1. Best homeowner chainsaw – Husqvarna 450 (18-Inch 50.2cc)
- 2. Best homeowner Husqvarna chainsaw – 24 Inch 460 Rancher
- 3. Best rated homeowner chainsaw – BLACK+DECKER 40v cordless chainsaw
- 4. Best small homeowner chainsaw – DEWALT DCCS620B 20V Compact Chainsaw
- 5. Best corded electric homeowner chainsaw – Greenworks 18-Inch 14.5 Amp chainsaw
- 6. Best cordless homeowner chainsaw – Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
- 7. Best cheap homeowner chainsaw – Sun Joe SWJ698E 12-inch 9-Amp electric chain saw
- 8. Best brushless motor homeowner chainsaw – Earthwise LCS35814 14-Inch 58-Volt
- 9. Best Makita homeowner chainsaw – XCU03PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless
- 10. Best self-sharpening homeowner chainsaw – Oregon Cordless 16-inch Chainsaw
1. Best homeowner chainsaw – Husqvarna 450 (18-Inch 50.2cc)
Update: There is a newer model of this item: Husqvarna 18 Inch 450e II Gas Chainsaw
- 450e II chainsaw with the new x-cut chain and x-force chainsaw Bar is an outstanding all-round chainsaw for the homeowner who values professional Grade power and performance
- 50. 2cc 18 inch gas chainsaw with guide bar and chain
- 2 cycle engine with intertia activated chain brake for safety while operating
- Orange Husqvarna chainsaw Bar cover and 2. 6 ounce 2 cycle fuel Included, Bar and chain oil must be purchased Separately
The Husqvarna 450 18-Inch 50.2cc X-Torq 2-Cycle Gas Powered chainsaw can easily be entitled as the best homeowner Husqvarna chainsaw for your beautiful yard! Best suited for homeowners who prefer to “do-it-yourself”. The Husqvarna homeowner gas chainsaw is ideal for people who cut less regularly.
The Husqvarna homeowner chainsaw is equipped with Smart Start and fuel pump, which makes it easy to start and operate even after periods of inactivity. The 3.2 HP X-Torq engine makes it well suited for medium-duty jobs, such as pruning and domestic cutting. The engine is efficient and meant to last years. X-Torq engine also reduces harmful exhaust emissions and increased fuel efficiency, which means reduced fuel consumption.
The Husqvarna Homeowners Chainsaw’s Ergonomic Design with LowVib vibration dampening effect causes less fatigue for the user. It also includes a snap-lock cylinder cover that saves you time when changing the spark plugs or cleaning the unit, quick and easy tool-less chain tensioning and assembling of the bar, and a quick-release air filter for quick replacement.Check Price in Amazon
The transparent fuel indicator makes it easy to check and keep track of the fuel levels. The Husqvarna Homeowners Chainsaw is CARB compliant and has an inertia activated chain brake that helps reduce the likelihood of injury due to kickback. It also comes with a 2 Year Parts & Labour Warranty.
- Smart Start feature for ease of operation and starting, even after period of inactivity.
- Equipped with X-Torq engine, which reduces the harmful emissions and fuel consumption.
- Transparent fuel indicator tank – ease of keeping a check on fuel level.
- LowVib vibration dampening technology reduces user fatigue.
- Ergonomic design.
- Safe and easy to handle and operate homeowner chainsaw.
- Convenient transparent fuel indicator.
- Comes with a 2 year parts and labour warranty.
- Priced at slightly higher side.
- Gas powered homeowner chainsaws are known to emit fumes.
2. Best homeowner Husqvarna chainsaw – 24 Inch 460 Rancher
Another popular and Amazon choice homeowner chainsaw from Husqvarna family.
The Husqvarna 24 Inch 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw is an ideal choice for whether you want to cut trees or you need to prune, limb or cut firewood. Its LowVib anti-vibration system makes for a relaxed and comfortable chainsaw operation with reduced fatigue for the user.
The Husqvarna homeowner chainsaw is equipped with X-Torq, which lowers fuel consumption and reduces emissions. This chainsaw also comes pre-quipped with an orange Husqvarna chainsaw bar cover. The Automatic chain oiler lubricates the bar and chain with a steady supply of oil to ensure safe operation and effective use. Its air filters are easy to clean, maintain, and feature a quick release mechanism.Check Price in Amazon
This Husqvarna chainsaw has a 2-cycle engine that contains an inertia activated chain brake that provides operation safety for the users. This is a heavy-duty chainsaw and is highly recommended for expert homeowners. It is reliable and can cut through even the hardest of the hardwoods with very less kickback. Its safety controls are designed to account for human error and work flawlessly.
- LowVib anti-vibration system – for relaxed use and reduced user fatigue
- Comes with a bar cover for safe storage of the chainsaw.
- Its automatic chain oiler keeps the bar and chain amply lubricated for uninterrupted smooth usage.
- Reliable choice for professional quality heavy duty chainsaw operations – perfect for expert users.
- Great Power and Torque homeowner chainsaw.
- Good build quality with attention to detail.
- A reliable engine.
- Relaxed and comfortable operation.
- Bar and chain oil needs to be purchased separately.
- It is substantially heavy.
3. Best rated homeowner chainsaw – BLACK+DECKER 40v cordless chainsaw
The Black and Decker 40V MAX Cordless Chainsaw comes with a 12-inch premium bar and chain, making it a suitable piece of equipment for pruning branches and cutting fallen limbs. This best value homeowner chainsaw is equipped with a 40 Volts MAX Lithium Ion Battery for an overall long life and an impressively long runtime – it stays charged up to 5x longer! The 2.0Ah Battery provides over 60 4×4 pine lumber cuts on average per single full charge.
Its ergonomic design provides for an easy tool-less chain tensioning and quick and easy adjustments on the go. The BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 12 inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw features an automatic oiling system for lubrication of the bar and chain. Its 12-inch Oregon low-kickback bar and chain provides smooth and fast cuts and reduces the possibility of an injury cased due to kickbacks.Check Price in Amazon
The body of this homeowners chainsaw also features a lightweight design for ease of use and maneuverability, and the wrap around bale handle provides for increased control and comfort. The standard charger provided with the chainsaw charges a fully depleted battery in about 4-5 hours. The flashing of a green LED light indicates the charging of battery while the green LED remaining on continuously indicates the completion of charge.
- Cordless homeowner chainsaw with 40 Volts MAX Lithium Ion Battery that lasts really long – 5X longer
- Comes equipped with an automatic oiling system for the lubrication of the bar and chain
- Lightweight design makes for easy and maneuverable operation.
- Features a tool less chain tensioning system for hassle free adjustments.
- Great price point for an amazing product.
- Easy and convenient Cordless operation.
- Long running battery life homeowner chainsaw.
- Reduced kickbacks.
- Battery Charging requires a lot of time.
4. Best small homeowner chainsaw – DEWALT DCCS620B 20V Compact Chainsaw
The DEWALT DCCS620B 20V MAX XR Compact 12-inch Cordless Chainsaw is equipped with a low kick back 12″ Oregon Bar and chain that makes it ideal for construction and outdoor cutting applications such as slicing through limbs of downed trees.
It’s High Efficiency brushless motor maximizes its run time and motor life. The DeWalt homeowner chainsaw has a compact and lightweight design and weighs at 8.8 lbs. for maximum user control and comfort but don’t be fooled by its size – this little guy can easily hang with the big saws and do an exemplary job of it!Check Price in Amazon
Another remarkable feature that sets the DeWalt homeowners chainsaw apart is that is not as loud as its counterparts and gets the job done quietly. The tool free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob makes on the job adjustments hassle free. It offers a chain speed of 25.2 feet/second and the chain comes pre sharpened. This chain saw also comes equipped with an auto oiling system that keeps the saw chain and guide bar constantly lubricated using a high quality bar and chain oil.
- Best small homeowner chainsaw weighing 8.8 lbs only.
- Brushless motor enhances the run time and motor life of the chainsaw.
- The DeWalt homeowner chainsaw is relatively quieter than its counterparts.
- Tool less chain tensioning and auto oiling systems provide great ease of use and operation.
- Compact and ergonomic design make the handling of this product very convenient.
- Long battery life.
- Relatively quitter operation.
- Lightweight and maneuverable homeowner chainsaw
- Difficult to cut wider and larger branches.
- Few reported problems with oil filler cap, suggesting quality control issues.
5. Best corded electric homeowner chainsaw – Greenworks 18-Inch 14.5 Amp chainsaw
The Greenworks 18-Inch 14.5 Amp Corded Electric Homeowners Chainsaw 20332 is best suited for small yards and its 18 inch bar and chain makes clearing large fallen debris a breeze. It is an economical choice that does not compromise on performance and is reliable for a long-term usage.
It is a lightweight and well-built homeowner chainsaw that is easy to use. It is a corded electric easy plug and go chainsaw, which automatically eliminates the hassles of charging the batteries before use. The Greenworks 18-Inch 14.5 Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw 20332 comes equipped with an instant electric start push button instead of any pull cords that makes for easy and convenient start and stop while on the job.Check Price in Amazon
Its 14.5 Amp Electric Motor starts within seconds, operates smoothly, and makes very less noise. The Greenworks homeowners chainsaw provides for a tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand. The chain and bar are adequately lubricated by the auto-oiler, which ensures best cutting performance without the hassle. You can easily use the chainsaw to cut at different angles because of the wrap around handle meant for multiple cutting positions. The Greenworks 18-Inch 14.5 Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw 20332 also comes with a 4 year Warranty.
- Instant electric start push button for convenient starting of the homeowner chainsaw.
- Wrap around handle ensures impeccable grip and comfort at all angles and multiple cutting positions – best for fallen trees and fallen limbs.
- Economical choice suited for long term usage with reliable 14.5 Amp engine.
- Easy plug and go operation – Zero Battery related hassles!
- Amazing Price Point for the performance.
- No hassle of buying, charging or changing batteries.
- Comes with a 4 year warranty.
- Designed to be easily used at different angles.
- Power source required for the corded electric chainsaw.
- Corded chainsaws might prove to be a tripping hazard.
6. Best cordless homeowner chainsaw – Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
You will be amazed at how powerful for a battery-powered tool the Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Homeowners Chainsaw is. It comes with a Brushless motor that provides the tool with longer run-time. The Brushless Motor also makes for more torque and more power, which leads to less wear and tear, extending the lifetime of the tool.
Its innovative motor design offers 70% less vibration than gas powered chainsaw for user comfort while working. The Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw also comes equipped with a Chain brake, hand guard and quick release trigger that offer additional support for highest level of user safety. It is a perfect homeowner chainsaw for users of all experience, amateur first time users and veteran lawn care enthusiasts alike.
This homeowner chainsaw features a heavy duty 16 inch Oregon bar and chain that offers a speed of 11 m/s. The Auto Oiler with transparent tank ensures proper lubrication of the chain and bar and also helps in keeping track of the oil level for a timely refill. The chainsaw delivers a smooth operation with its Easy Push start button and makes very less noise making it the best homeowner chainsaw for firewood collection without causing any disturbance to the tranquillity of ranch communities.Check Price in Amazon
It is a lightweight and well-built piece of equipment that is maneuverable and gets the job done easily and quickly. Whether it is the chores around the home or a natural disaster clean up, the Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw will definitely make your life easier.
- It is equipped with a Brushless motor that ensures – longer run time, more torque, more power and less wear and tear of the engine.
- Innovative design with upto 70% less vibration providing great user comfort.
- Auto Oiler system and transparent oil tank for seamless lubrication of the bar and chain
- Easy Push start for convenience of operation and relatively less noise.
- Great run time.
- Lightweight and maneuverable.
- Hassle free cordless operated homeowner chainsaw.
- Transparent oil tank ensures timely refill.
- Battery and charger sold separately
7. Best cheap homeowner chainsaw – Sun Joe SWJ698E 12-inch 9-Amp electric chain saw
The Sun Joe SWJ698E 12-inch 9-Amp Electric Homeowner Chainsaw with Kickback Safety Brake is an ideal chainsaw for beginners or if you want to cut back on gas usage and switch to a greener, leaner way to maintain your yard and garden. Its powerful 9-amp motor easily cuts branches up to 9 inch (23 cm) thick making it a versatile equipment for trimming and pruning limbs and branches.
The Sun Joe’s 12-inch bar and chain comes with a tough plastic cover that makes for safe storage. It is equipped with an automatic chain lubrication system and its auto oiler comes with a window to gauge the oil level and facilitate timely refills.Check Price in Amazon
The Sun Joe Homeowners Chainsaw with Kickback Safety Brake also comes with an instant start push button and a built – in safety switch that prevents accidental starting and makes for a very safe handling of the tool. This corded electric chainsaw is lightweight and well built – at just over 7lbs; it is designed for maximum maneuverability around the yard or the garden. The chainsaw is reasonably priced and also comes in with a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Equipped with a Kickback Safety Brake – perfect for beginner chainsaw users.
- Comes with a tough plastic cover for its bar and chain for safe storage.
- Innovative built – in safety switch prevents from accidental engaging of the machine
- Just over 7 lbs, one of the most lightweight and easily maneuverable chainsaw machines available out there.
- Instant Start Push button; auto oiling system with a transparent window to gauge oil levels.
- Reasonably priced homeowner chainsaw.
- Lightweight and maneuverable.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Equipped with kickback safety brake.
- Power source required for the corded electric chainsaw.
- Corded Homeowners Chainsaw might prove to be a tripping hazard.
8. Best brushless motor homeowner chainsaw – Earthwise LCS35814 14-Inch 58-Volt
The Earthwise LCS35814 14-Inch 58-Volt Cordless Brushless Motor Homeowner Chainsaw gives you cordless convenience while being earth conscious. This one of the best small homeowner chainsaw with a 10″ Oregon bar & chain comes with a cover for safe storage and operation. It has an automatic oiling system with oil level window along with a Steel bucking spike.
This homeowner chainsaw comes with a handle that is ergonomically designed with a moulded wrap-around rubber grip, which provides a comfortable and cushioned grip. Its 20v Lithium-Ion battery fully charges in 1-hour, perfect for quick trims around the house. It features a tool-less chain tensioner which lends well for quick adjustments while on the job.Check Price in Amazon
It is a lightweight homeowner chainsaw, making it ideal for homeowners looking for a quick and simple woodcutting tool to clear a fence line, trim some branches, or get rid of some intrusive smaller trees. It comes with a detailed manual with helpful instructions on not only how to perform certain actions but also why it needs to be done. This, along with its lightweight makes it a perfect choice for beginners or first-timers as experienced users. It also serves as a good option for smaller or senior homeowners looking for a good chainsaw for maintenance around the house.
- Ergonomically designed moulded rubber wrap around grip for the most comfortable cushioned grip while working with the chainsaw.
- Fast Charging battery that fully charges in 1 hour for quick trims around the house.
- Tool less chain tensioning system lends for hassle free quick adjustments while on the job.
- Lightweight and maneuverable design – well suited for beginners and experts alike.
- Comes with a detailed user manual with helpful tips and instructions.
- Lightweight and maneuverable operation.
- 20v Li-Ion Battery with 1 hour Quick Charge.
- Better grip with moulded rubber handle.
- Tool-less tensioner makes it a hassle free option.
- Struggles with Large branches.
9. Best Makita homeowner chainsaw – XCU03PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless
Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14″ Chain Saw Kit with, 4 Batteries (5.0Ah) is a large and heavy duty homeowner chainsaw apt for cutting and sectioning larger trees and branches. This kit also contains a Makita Brushless Angle Grinder.
This Makita homeowner chainsaw is powered by two 18V LXT Lithium Ion batteries that deliver a highly power efficient operation, which is equivalent to its gas operated counterparts with zero emissions, low noise and less maintenance. The 18V batteries are part of the LXT family of Makita tools, which power more than 225 other products, allowing you to use any of your existing LXT batteries to power this chainsaw. It is no wonder then that the Makita Chainsaw is one of the best rated homeowner chainsaws available out there.
This homeowner chainsaw is equipped with a 14-inch guide bar and Makita built Brushless Motor with Variable Speed Trigger for easy operation. It has a built in lock-off lever, which prevents the machine from accidentally engaging, it also has a front handguard that is designed to aid chain brake when engaged for maximum safety.Check Price in Amazon
The Makita Homeowner Chainsaw also comes with an innovative Auto Power-Off function, which automatically shuts the chainsaw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life. It is also equipped with tool-less chain adjustment, which makes for convenient operation and handling. All these features make the Makita heavy at 25.9 pounds, which makes it more suitable for experienced operators.
- Powered by 2 18V LXT Lithium Ion batteries that deliver a powerful performance, which is equivalent to its gas powered counterparts with no harmful emissions.
- Only chainsaw that comes with Variable Speed Trigger for easier operation.
- Industry standard safety features such as a built in lock-off lever that prevents the chainsaw from accidentally engaging; a front handguard which provides for maximum safety when engaged.
- Innovative Auto Power-Off function that shuts off the engine when operation is delayed which enhances the battery life and run time.
- Best suited for seasoned homeowner chainsaw users.
- Long Run time.
- Good for heavy-duty use.
- Comes with abundant industry standard safety features.
- Works as well as its gas powered counterparts minus the emissions
- Placed at a higher price point.
- Auto Power-Off might prove to be too intrusive for some users.
10. Best self-sharpening homeowner chainsaw – Oregon Cordless 16-inch Chainsaw
The Oregon Cordless 16-inch Self-Sharpening Chainsaw with 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger comes from Oregon, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of homeowner chainsaws and is packed with a lot of features which make it a potent blade.
This lightweight homeowners chainsaw comes with a 40V 4Ah battery that ensures zero emissions while delivering constant no-fade power and longer run-times. The battery also holds charge in storage for months. Weighing in at just 12 pounds this chainsaw is designed to distribute weight evenly, which provides easy handling.
The 16-inch guide bar is big enough to tackle even the largest jobs around the yard and the tool-less chain tightening system makes it simple to adjust the tension around the chain. This chainsaw is equipped with their patented PowerSharp Sharpening system, which allows you to sharpen the chainsaw within seconds while working.Check Price in Amazon
This homeowners chainsaw uses its built-in Lubri-Tec oiling system for continuous lubrication reducing chain friction and increasing the saw’s runtime. The powerful brushless motors make it a silent operator. It offers a chain speed of 2796 FPM. It also comes with an overload protection feature that ensures automatically shutting off the motor if the chainsaw is pushed too hard preventing damage to the motor.
- Its 40V Battery delivers a constant no-fade power, longer run time and holds charge for months while in storage.
- Weighing at 12 pounds, the amazing design evenly distributes the weight making it easy to handle and maneuverable.
- Patented PowerSharp feature lets you sharpen the chainsaw within seconds while on the job.
- Built-in Lubri-Tec oiling system ensures continuous lubrication of the chain and bar.
- Powerful brushless motor makes it a silent operator.
- Comes with an innovative overload protection feature.
- PowerSharp Sharpening System.
- Auto shut off feature protects damage to the motor due to overload.
- Long battery run time.
- PowerSharp only works with certain Oregon chains.
- Placed at the higher end of the price spectrum.
A good homeowner chainsaw is a capable but dangerous tool if handled improperly. It is important to know the proper techniques and precautions while operating a chainsaw. A chainsaw when used safely and sensibly can be a pleasure to work with. For this reason, we highly recommend the following homeowners complete guide to the chainsaw books to our readers:
Homeowner’s Complete Guide to the Chainsaw: A Chainsaw Pro Shows You How to Safely and Confidently Handle Everything from Trimming Branches & Felling Trees to Splitting & Stacking Wood (Fox Chapel)Check Price in Amazon
This book provides an excellent and thorough overview of how to operate and maintain a chainsaw safely. It carefully covers all the precautions one must take to avoid potential injury, especially if you are just starting out with your first chainsaw as a homeowner.
This book also comes with an appendix that has useful technical information regarding the parts of a chainsaw and their functions.
Written by a professional chainsaw carver it details the most common household chainsaw operations such as cutting firewood, trimming branches, taking down small trees and making lumber. The book also contains numerous illustrations along with detailed text instructions, which make following them easier.
The information contained in this book is fairly generic and is applicable to a wide variety of brands. The book pays healthy amount of attention to safety and promotes the use of protective equipment and gear.
The author also, briefly, talks about a few other outdoor cutting tools to keep the readers engaged, although the focus never leaves the chainsaws. This book also explains how and why most common chainsaw accidents happen and how to avoid them.
This book is highly recommended to novices, but at the same time to experts who are looking to fill in the gaps in their knowledge.
Chainsaw Manual for Homeowners, Revised Edition: Learn to Safely Use Your Saw to Trim Trees, Cut Firewood, and Fell Trees (Fox Chapel Publishing) 12 Chainsaw Tasks with Step-by-Step Color PhotosCheck Price in Amazon
Authored by a chainsaw pro, this is a guidebook that will teach you how to complete everyday yard work and is considered to be the last word on chainsaw safety by many. If you have never operated a chainsaw before or want to brush up on your operating skills this book is worth adding to your collection.
This book packs in step-by-step color photographs which provide sure-handed guidance through the most common household chainsaw operations such as trimming hedges and branches, felling or bucking trees and cutting firewood.
It contains a special section completely dedicated to chain sharpening tools and techniques. The book also contains a section devoted on chainsaw types so that the users can identify their needs and buy the chainsaws they need accordingly.
The book also covers technical information on the parts of a chainsaw, along with their functions in the form of a glossary. In addition to covering the essential aspects of using a chainsaw this book also lends professional advice as to when to call in a pro.
This book also contains 12 projects that homeowners can work on safely with the skills and lessons provided in the book. It emphasizes on the importance of maintaining safety precautions while handling chainsaws.