Riding lawn mowers are not a cheap piece of equipment. However that does not mean that you cannot have one on a tight budget. There are a variety of mowers out there which are around the $1000 dollar mark which are ideal for small to medium lawn jobs and are definitely better than any push mower. There actually aren’t any mowers which fall below the $1000 price point but it is possible to find a few being sold after discount at certain dealerships. Keeping that in mind we set out to find that one little mower which after some gruelling tests and thorough research can be called the Best Riding Lawn Mower under 1000 dollar.
Check out our best pick Riding Lawn Mower Under 1500
Check out our top pick 3 Best Riding Lawn Mower Under 2000
It is the Craftsman R105 382cc Single Engine Series 30-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower that takes pole position in this category. Designed for the busy homeowner who wants comfort, durability and performance. It is powered by a 382cc single-cylinder engine, with an easy and reliable starting system with no prime or choke. Its 6-speed transmission helps you to power through your lawn. The 18-inch turn radius and a 30-inch stamped steel deck allows you to navigate in and out of areas with ease. The mid-back seat and soft touch steering wheel provide you ample support and comfort. The mulching kit is included which allows you to cut and finish like a professional. It also comes fitted with a front-end bumper for protection and includes a two-year manufacturer warranty.
Craftsman R105 382cc 30-Inch Gas Powered – Best Riding Lawn Mower Under 1000Check Price in Amazon
- Dimensions of 64 x 34 x 26 inches weighing only 330 pounds
- 382cc single cylinder Craftsman engine with 6 speed transmission
- 30-in reinforced stamped steel cutting deck
- 13×5/16×6.5 Sq. Durable turf saver wheels for easy and long-lasting maneuverability
- Supportive mid back seat and 18” turning radius for comfort and convenience
- 1.3 gallon fuel tank
- Included mulching kit, deck wash and forward fender
- Powerful engine for this segment
- Comfortable and stable ride
- Deck wash feature for easier underside cleaning
- Added mulching kit and front end fender a definite bonus
- Not too great on uneven terrain and slopes.
Q: Is the cutting deck height adjustable?
A: Yes, the deck is adjustable in 5 positions between 1.75″ and 3.75″
Q: Does it cut in reverse?
A: The R105 does not cut in reverse
Check our Riding Lawn Mower Buying Guide
The Craftsman R105 Riding Lawn Mower is undoubtedly the best riding lawn mower that you can buy at the cheapest price. With its wide array of features which many pricier mowers do not include and at a price point of a little over a $1000 this little mower is by far the Best Riding Lawn Mower under 1000 dollar. So, if you decide to increase the budget by a few hundred dollars you can check out our review of the best riding lawn mower under $1500, if not then the Craftsman R105 riding lawn mower is the best choice for you.