At the present time, the market of top handle chainsaw is growing more and more. Having some very user friendly features made it popular. Top handle chainsaw is also best chainsaw for arborist.
- Anti-vib system designed to reduce vibration levels to the user, which decreases user fatigue.
- Side chain tensioning allows for quick and convenient chain tightening when on the job.
- Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in accordance with the world´s most stringent environmental regulations.
- Rope attachment makes it easy to hoist the saw up into a tree.
Best Top Handle Chainsaw
|Best Echo Top Handle Chainsaw – Echo Top Handle Chain Saw CS-355T 16" Bar||Check Price|
|Best Husqvarna Top Handle Gas Chainsaw – Husqvarna 966997203 T435 Top Handle Saw||Check Price|
|Best Tanaka Top Handle Chainsaw – Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2cc 12-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw with Pure Fire Engine||Check Price|
|Best Makita Top Handle Battery Powered Chainsaw – Makita XCU02PT 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 12" Chain Saw Kit (5.0Ah),Teal||Check Price|
|Best Hitachi Top Handle Chainsaw – Hitachi CS33EDTP 2-Stroke Gas Powered Top Handle Chain Saw with PureFire Engine, 14-Inch||Check Price|
|Best Dewalt Top Handle Chainsaw – DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V MAX Lithium-Ion XR Brushless Compact 12 in. Cordless Chainsaw Kit (5AH)||Check Price|
We are listing here some of the best top handle chainsaw available in the market. This article will help you to compare among the best top handle chainsaw models and pick the best one for you.
Click here to check out our top pick top handle chainsaw on Amazon!
- 1. Best Echo Top Handle Chainsaw – Echo CS 355T
- 2. Best Husqvarna Top Handle Gas Chainsaw – Husqvarna 966997203 T435
- 3. Best Tanaka Top Handle Chainsaw – Tanaka TCS33EDTP
- 4. Best Makita Top Handle Battery Powered Chainsaw – Makita XCU02PT
- 5. Best Hitachi Top Handle Chainsaw – Hitachi CS33EDTP
- 6. Best Dewalt Top Handle Chainsaw – Dewalt DCCS620P1
- Best Top Handle Chainsaw Buying Guide
1. Best Echo Top Handle Chainsaw – Echo CS 355T
Best saw for the best priceBy Amazon Customer. Read full review here.
Echo introduces one of the most powerful models of top handle chainsaw Echo CS 355T. The outstanding design of the best top handle gas chainsaw will give you an ease in trimming trees. It is one of the most used chainsaw models among the professionals. Because of its great balance of weight, it has made a place for itself.Check Price in Amazon
- The handle is ergonomic and contoured.
- Contains a refinery bulb.
- A rear mounted air filter which is easily accessible.
- Includes a 2-stroke and professional grade engine.
- Reduced effort starting system that takes less exertion to get started.
- An automatic oiler which can be adjusted.
- Maintains a great balance of weight.
- Includes a high-power engine.
- The tool is made from durable materials.
- Very affordable price – cheap top handle chainsaw
- Easy to start.
- Easy to use.
- Vibration may be a minor problem for the user.
- Noisy a bit.
Q: What is the power supplier of the saw?
A: The saw is oil-powered.
Q: How much water the oiler can contain?
A: It can carry 8.2 fl oz.
Q: Is there any warranty for this product?
A: Yes, this includes a one-year commercial warranty.
Overall, the Echo CS 355T price is not that much high considering its features and ability. This is certainly a good tool with outstanding performance. It will be a good choice for the tree service professionals who are looking for a good chainsaw in a reasonable price range.
2. Best Husqvarna Top Handle Gas Chainsaw – Husqvarna 966997203 T435
Multi-purpose workhorse: I am not a tree guy, but I am a tradesman so I know a few things about tools. Full review.By stimg1
The Husqvarna is renowned for their good quality chainsaws. Husqvarna T435 chainsaw is lightweight and still easy to operate. It can be operated from both the ground and climbing tree branches as well. The saw’s body is well balanced.Check Price in Amazon
- Adjustable oil pump.
- Quick release air filter.
- Includes vibration reducing system.
- 35.2cc engine gas powered top handle chainsaw
- Easy to use.
- Lightweight husqvarna top handle chainsaw
- Less noisy.
- Construction quality is good.
- Made from durable plastic.
- A bit slow.
- Less powerful.
Q: Does the saw include a kick back chain stop?
A: Yes, it has.
Q: Does the package include the bar and chain?
A: Yes, the package includes bar and chain.
Q: What is its weight measurement?
A: 7.5 lbs.
As the Husqvarna T435 chainsaw is very lightweight, it can be a good choice for those who are old or weak and cannot lift a heavyweight chainsaw. Those who barely do lightweight trimming or pruning can buy this.
Update: Currently unavailable in Amazon.
3. Best Tanaka Top Handle Chainsaw – Tanaka TCS33EDTP
Tanaka TCS33EDTP is an awesome tool if ease of use and cost is considered. It is one of the cheapest chainsaws available in the market. It is enough powerful to trim middle sized tree branches but not suitable for big sized trees. People who love to do their tasks done by them or do trimming work hardly can have a try with this tool.
Well-designed and easy to use top handle gas chainsaw. Safety is ensured. Makes less vibrations. Choosing this will certainly be a good decision.Check Price in Amazon
So far so good. Bought the 12″ model. Update: year later awesome. Full reviewBy Drew.
- The engine power is 32.2 cc.
- Has an easy-start feature.
- Has an automatic oiling system which is gear-driven.
- Includes a sprocket nose bar with Oregon chain which gives you an extra control in cutting trees.
- Includes 7-year consumer, 2-year commercial and 1-year rental warranty.
- Well balanced.
- Best budget top handle chainsaw.
- Anti-vibration feature.
- Compact design.
- A bit heavier in weight.
- Performance on large pieces of wood is not satisfying.
- Sometimes it gets overheated.
Q: How much is its weight measurement?
A: 11.9 pounds.
Q: Does this saw has any oil adjustment screw?
A: No, the oiling system is automatic.
Q: Does the package include a chain?
A: Yes. It does.
Before buying this, keep in mind that the Tanaka TCS33EDTP is a bit heavyweight chainsaw. It might not suit everyone. It will be a good choice for the experts and professionals. For heavy trimming or pruning, we recommend it.
4. Best Makita Top Handle Battery Powered Chainsaw – Makita XCU02PT
Makita is a reputed power tool manufacturer. So, when it comes to quality assurance, Makita can be a good choice. Considering quality and performance, Makita XCU02PT can be your assistant for trimming the trees easily.Check Price in Amazon
- High power motor which gives the chain a speed of up to 1650 foot per second.
- Contains two Lithium ion batteries and each battery delivers a power of 18 volts.
- Noise reducing feature that ensures low level of noises.
- Includes a 12-inch bar for higher capacity.
- The chain adjustment system is “Tool-less”, that means the chain can be adjusted without any tools.
- Contains a hand guard which ensures safety.
- Auto oiler which keeps the bar and chain oiled.
- Easy to use.
- High power tools.
- Weight is not that much high.
- High powered top handle chainsaw
- Fast charging feature.
- Cordless, that means it can be moved easily.
- Price is a bit high.
- The chain replacement can’t be found easily.
Q: Is there any warranty?
A: Yes, the package comes with a 3-year warranty for the chainsaw, the batteries and the charger.
Q: Is the replacement chain available?
A: Yes, they’re available.
Q: Does this come with a case?
A: No, this doesn’t come with a case.
As Makita XCU02PT is one of the most expensive chainsaws, before buying, you should look at your budget range. If you are looking for a less costly chainsaw for light trimming and pruning then this makita top handle chainsaw is not for you. Yes, if you are a professional and looking for a high-performance chainsaw, then I’ll recommend this to you.
5. Best Hitachi Top Handle Chainsaw – Hitachi CS33EDTP
Hitachi CS33EDTP is a chainsaw with outstanding handle design and a great balance of weight. Its uncommon handle design gives the user an ease in working. Cutting and trimming trees can be done equally with this tool. To keep your yards maintained, this tool can be your partner.Check Price in Amazon
- 2-stroke gas powered chainsaw.
- 32.2cc, 1.6 horsepower engine.
- Low emission rate of the engine.
- Includes a sprocket-nose bar with Oregon chain which is 14 inches in length.
- Has an advanced anti-vibration system which reduces vibration.
- Includes anti-vibration system.
- Low emission rate of gas.
- Can be handled easily.
- Well designed small top handle chainsaw
- Small but a bit heavy.
- Slightly noisy.
Q: Does the saw come assembled?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: Does this come with a case?
A: No, it doesn’t.
Q: From which material the sprocket cover is made?
A: The sprocket cover is made of plastic.
Hitachi CS33EDTP’s mighty engine and compact design made it a great tool. Certainly, this is going to lighten your trimming and pruning tasks. Considering saw’s price, it will give you the best output.
6. Best Dewalt Top Handle Chainsaw – Dewalt DCCS620P1
The Dewalt DCCS620P1 is a great battery powered chainsaw. It suits best in light-duty trimming and pruning. This battery powered chainsaw is giving you relief from fumes while working with it. Its so much light in weight and that’s a plus point if you want ease in your work.
Maintaining a Dewalt DCCS620P1 is not a big deal. You don’t need to be an expert to maintain a it. As it is battery powered, you just need to re-charge it and use!Check Price in Amazon
- 12-inch Oregon bar and chain with low kick back.
- Contains a brushless motor with high efficiency power which ensures durability and run time.
- The chain tensioning and bar tightening system doesn’t require any tool.
- Weight of the chainsaw is only 8.8 lbs.
- Chain speed is 25.2 foot per second.
- Lightweight top handle electric chainsaw
- Easy to use.
- Price is very affordable.
- Outstanding making quality.
- Cordless, that means you can move it anywhere you want.
- Not powerful as the gas-powered chainsaws.
- The batteries need to be charged after using some time.
Q: Does the package include any oil for the chain?
A: No, it doesn’t.
Q: Does this include an automatic oiler?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: Does the package come with a battery and charger?
A: No, it doesn’t include a battery or a charger.
Dewalt DCCS620P1 is mainly for light-duty users. If you use to cut trees barely and don’t do much heavy-duty works, then Dewalt DCCS620P1 is going to be the best choice for you.
Best Top Handle Chainsaw Buying Guide
Before checking the buying guide lets get clear with some frequently asked questions!
What is a Top Handle Chainsaw?
A top-handled chainsaw is a tool which is used to cut or trim trees around your yards. It is highly effectual and powerful cutting tool. It contains an engine, a metal chain adjusted on a bar. The chain moves around the bar while the machine is in working mode. The chain cuts trees by its sharp teeth while moving.
Why choose a Top Handle Chainsaw?
If you are a professional and full-time user, then a top-handled chainsaw is perfect for you. The fundamental difference between top-handled chainsaw and other normal saws is movable rear handle. This can be moved to the top of the chainsaw. This feature lets you to operate the chainsaw in one hand. Also, the top-handled chainsaws are very light in weight. These are made to use in higher branches of trees.
What is the Best Top Handle Chainsaw?
A top handle chainsaw should have some features to be the best top-handled chainsaw. Those features are- safety, comfort, movability. A chainsaw with these three features can be said the best chainsaw.
What is an Arborist Chainsaw?
There are different types of chainsaws available in the market to do different types of works. If you need to do light trimming, then an electric chainsaw is very suitable for you. But if you need more control over the trees, then you should need a good high-powered arborist chainsaw. Power of the engine and diversity differentiate between the normal chainsaws and professional arborist chainsaws.
There are some points that should be kept in mind while buying a top-handled chainsaw. After considering these points, you will be able to find the best fit chainsaw for you or which chainsaw meets your demands most. Here, we’ve tried our best to give that points below.
Arena of Use:
If you use a chainsaw infrequently, and do some light cutting works barely a few times every year, an electric chainsaw will be appropriate for you. On the contrary, if you are a professional user, you should go for a gas-powered chainsaw.
If you are new to chainsaw or buying it for the very first time, you should go for a small and lightweight chainsaw. It is recommended to use a chainsaw with 12-18 bar length for the beginners.
Type of Trees:
You should obviously buy a gas-powered chainsaw if you intend to cut hard woods. And we recommend you to buy an electric chainsaw if you use the chainsaw to cut less hard trees.
How Often Do You Use:
If you want to use the chainsaw barely, it is recommended to buy an electric chainsaw. An electric chainsaw is easy to use and easy to maintain.
Where Will You Use:
If you cut trees in a large forest and need to move frequently, then it would be wise to buy a gas-powered chainsaw. As the gas-powered chainsaws are cordless, it is easy to move wherever you want to move. On the contrary, the electric chainsaws are corded and cannot be moved frequently.
Diameter of The Wood:
You should consider the diameter of the woods you usually cut before buying a chainsaw. The bar length should be appropriate with the diameter of the woods.
Environment of Use:
If you use the chainsaw in a sensitive area or the chainsaw sound may be the cause of disturbance of your neighbors, we will recommend you to use an electric-powered chainsaw. Electric chainsaws are less noisy than the gas-powered chainsaws.
Safety is a very important issue whatever you use. Safety issue becomes more important when it comes to use of a chainsaw. It can even be a cause death if it is not used properly. Before using a chainsaw, we highly recommend you to read the user guide properly. You should wear safety equipment while using a chainsaw. The following instruments are recommended to use as safety equipment.
Strength Level of The User:
Your fitness matters because you should have the ability to handle, move and regulate the chainsaw. If you are not physically fit, you should go for a lightweight chainsaw. Electric chainsaws are lighter than the gas-powered chainsaws. If you cannot control a chainsaw perfectly, it may cause your injury or fatigue and even death! So, you should know your ability and buy the suitable chainsaw for you.
If you want a cheaper chainsaw, you should go for the Tanaka chainsaw. If you can add some more from your pocket, then Husqvarna or the Makita chainsaws will be the best choice for you. The Husqvarna and the Makita are light chainsaws and very useful to cut large trees. Husqvarna is battery powered and the Makita is battery powered. It’s less noisy, made from durable materials and can be maintained easily. We recommend you to buy a good chainsaw instead of saving some money.
Chainsaws may be seemed quite safe but, in some cases, it may be a cause of an accident even death. Always wear safety equipment while using chainsaw. Keep it out of the reach of the children.
Follow the best top handle chainsaw buyer guide given above to get a clear idea about buying a chainsaw. Happy buying!