An in depth and detailed Poulan Pro Chainsaw Review where we analyze the best Poulan Pro chainsaws powered by gas.
In this Poulan Pro Chainsaw review article we review 3 of their most popular models that are a great, budget friendly introduction to the chainsaw universe for any beginner looking to DIY the light and medium duty odd logging and trimming jobs around the house!
Poulan Pro has been manufacturing outdoor power equipments for over 7 decades now and is a favoured brand for homeowners that they can rely on years upon years. The Poulan has a legacy of high performance, durability, and quality, with a focus on developing innovative, powerful products that meet the needs of the Power Performer – all at a reasonable price.
Best Poulan Pro Chainsaw
|Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, PR5020|
Poulan Pro PR5020 review
|Poulan Pro PR4218, 18 in. 42cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, Case Included |
Poulan Pro PR4218 review
|Poulan Pro PR4016, 16 in. 40cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw|
Poulan Pro PR4016 review
This Poulan Pro Chainsaw review will enable you to make an informed decision as to which is the best suited Poulan Pro Chainsaw for you, based on your requirements. One of the most pertinent questions to ask yourself before you decide which chainsaw you want to buy is – How often do you need the saw?
If the answer is fairly irregularly that is to generally perform post-storm clean up duties, firewood logging and the occasional felling of tree in your back yard then it is almost like the Poulan Pro Chainsaw is custom designed to fulfil your needs and is the only chainsaw that you will ever need to conquer Any Yard, Any Task!
- Best Poulan Pro chainsaw review
- 1. Poulan Pro PR5020 review [20 inch 50cc]
- 2. Poulan Pro PR4218 review [18 inch 42cc]
- 3. Poulan Pro PR4016 review [16 inch 40cc]
- Final Thoughts on Poulan Pro chainsaw review
- Advantages and disadvantages of Poulan Pro chainsaw
- Why should we buy tools from the Poulan Pro brand?
Best Poulan Pro chainsaw review
So! here is a list of the 3 best Poulan Pro Chainsaws along with our comprehensive Poulan Pro Chainsaw reviews.
1. Poulan Pro PR5020 review [20 inch 50cc]
This is the ultimate Poulan Pro 50cc chainsaw review. this runs on Poulan Pro’s patented OxyPower technology that combines incredible power with 70% less emissions and 20% less fuel consumption without compromising the performance. The 20-inch Poulan Pro Chainsaw features a powerful 50cc 2-stroke engine and Soft Start system that makes for reliable & quick starts and minimal cord pulling effort.Check Price in Amazon
The Poulan Pro 50cc chainsaw reviews as an easy to handle equipment for any newbie just venturing into the chainsaw world. At 17 lbs, the Poulan Pro 20-inch chainsaw reviews as a lightweight and maneuverable chainsaw.
Its 20-inch chain and bar easily cuts through tree trunks and branches as thick as 30-inches that makes it suitable for Any Yard, Any Task! The Poulan Pro 20 chainsaw reviews as has a user-friendly design with a combined choke/stop control for faster starting.
The Poulan Pro Chainsaw comes with a comprehensive Poulan Pro PR5020 manual that makes setting up of the equipment a breeze even for first time users. The Poulan Pro PR5020 chainsaw reviews as an easy to handle and maintain chainsaw with a convenient side adjust chain tensioning system, easy access clips for fast access to the spark and plug and a filtering system that guarantees longer air filter life.
The Poulan Pro Chainsaw PR5020 works best with its compatible chain the Poulan Pro PR5020 chain and is therefore suggested that whenever you need to change the chain, use only the original Poulan Pro PR5020 replacement chain.
- Patented OxyPower technology – incredible power.
- Upto 70% less emissions and 20% less fuel consumption.
- Soft Start starting system requires minimal pulling effort.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver user friendly design.
- Backed by a 2 year limited warranty.
- Anti-vibration system minimises vibration and lessens user fatigue.
- Efficient fuel consumption.
- The engine is known to be prone to flooding
An amazing buy for the newbie chainsaw user. Great for all sorts of small to medium suburban jobs.
2. Poulan Pro PR4218 review [18 inch 42cc]
Here is the Poulan Pro 18 chainsaw review. The model is PR4218. Yes, 18inch 42cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw.
If you are looking for a medium duty chainsaw for post-storm clean-up, cutting firewood and clearing fallen trees, the Poulan pro PR4218 chainsaw reviews as the best chainsaw for you. This 18 inch Poulan Pro chainsaw is also equipped with their patented OxyPower technology that offers better fuel efficiency with upto 70% less emissions and 20% lower fuel consumption. As a result your Poulan Pro 18 inch 42cc chainsaw reviews as the more eco-friendly choice amongst its counterparts without compromising on the power.Check Price in Amazon
The 18 inch Poulan pro chainsaw also comes with a carrying case and an extra chain ensuring convenient replacement on the job. Its gear driven automatic oiler ensures lubrication for the bar and chain reducing wear and tear with minimum maintenance. The Poulan pro 18 chainsaw reviews therefore, as a long lasting and value for money investments.
The SuperClean Air Filter System on this Poulan Pro chainsaw provides a longer life to the air filter. It also comes with on board scrench storage for easy tool-less access to the chain tensioning tool.
With its ergonomic design and advanced Anti-vibration technology, the Poulan pro 42cc chainsaw reviews as a user-friendly chainsaws while providing superior comfort and maneuverability. It weighs 13.25 lbs only which lets you use it for long hours without fatigue.
This 18 poulan pro chainsaw has spring assisted Effortless Pull Start (EPS) system that ensures simple starts with fewer attempts. Thus, the Poulan pro 18 inch chainsaw reviews as an easy to start and operate chainsaw.
- Comes with a carry case, extra chain and 2 stroke engine oil for gas mixture
- Lightweight 13.25 lbs ergonomic design.
- Anti-vibration technology reduces fatigue caused due to vibration.
- Excellent Air filtering system
- Convenient to carry, handle and operate.
- Easy Pull Start technology for easily starting the chainsaw.
- The Poulan Pro chainsaw is fairly low maintenance.
- Reduced emissions and fuel consumption.
- Idling needs adjustment and understanding of the tool. Reading the User’s Manual thoroughly before use is advised.
The Poulan pro chainsaw 18 inch reviews as a promising investment for medium duty chores. A great choice for beginners and homeowners.
3. Poulan Pro PR4016 review [16 inch 40cc]
If you are looking for a chainsaw to help you with light to medium chores around the house and budget is a constraint, the 16 inch Poulan Pro Chainsaw is here to your rescue. Its 40cc powerful 2 stoke engine with their patented OxyPower technology renders tremendous power with efficient fuel consumption and reduced harmful emissions.
It is an ideal choice for light to medium duty post-storm clean up, cutting of firewood and clearing those fallen trees from your backyard. It is equipped with Easy Pull Start (EPS) technology that starts the chainsaw with minimal effort. Its purge bulb ensures fresh fuel supply to the carburettor which enhances the life of the engine.
This Poulan Pro chainsaw is a lightweight wonder weighing at just 13 lbs making it a an easy to operate and maneuverable piece of machinery, fit for your arsenal of outdoor equipment. It also features a SuperClean air filter system that keeps the air filter healthy and reduces fuel consumption – without compromising on the power.Check Price in Amazon
The Poulan Pro Chainsaw has minimum maintenance needs due to its standard gear driven automatic oiler that keeps the chain and bar amply lubricated for the job and reduces wear and tear.
Its ergonomic design with advanced anti-vibration system ensures ultimate user comfort and minimal user fatigue. Easily accessible controls make this model chainsaw is easy to start and easy to operate – with plenty of power for any task.
- 40cc powerful 2 stroke engine with OxyPower technology.
- Easy Pull Start System for ease of starting and operating the machine.
- Lightweight at 13 lbs only.
- Auto Oiler and SuperClean air filter system – for minimal maintenance requirements.
- Budget-friendly saw for light to medium duty chores around the house.
- Fairly low maintenance required for the upkeep of the chainsaw.
- Lightweight chainsaw that is ergonomically designed and easy to maneuver and operate.
- OxyPower equipped engine uses fuel efficiently and leads to reduced harmful emissions.
- The pull cord is meant for effortless starting of the saw, however, if pulled at any harder than it needs to, the plastic reel it is attached to might break.
Ideal choice for a budget friendly chainsaw, intended to be used for light to medium chores around the house. Suitable for all users – beginners or experts.
Final Thoughts on Poulan Pro chainsaw review
We have reviewed the best Poulan Pro chainsaws, so you can decide which chainsaw is right for you. All chainsaws listed above are durable, high powered, reliable and high performed.
Advantages and disadvantages of Poulan Pro chainsaw
The Poulan Pro brand offers a range of low-level chainsaws ideal for chopping wood. Poulan Pro tools are a good deal for the price, but don’t expect your saws to cut down large trees .
Chainsaws offer a cylinder displacement of 40 cc and a bar length of up to 20 inch to facilitate maneuverability in small sections, the weight of the saws is also reasonable. However, its selling point is its price, Poulan Pro saws are very cheap, perfect for hobbyists and homeowners.
- Affordable prices
- The length of the bar ranges from 16 inch to 20 inch, which makes the saws portable.
- Easy to maneuver in tight places: Thanks to the length of the bar and the portability of the machine, it is easy to handle when cutting small sections.
- It is not for heavy duty or for cutting large trees.
- Poulan saws tend to take longer to start and require more warm-up time in the cold season than other brands.
- Careless Controls: We highly recommend wearing anti-vibration gloves when handling your equipment, Poulan saws generally do not have an anti-vibration function.
Why should we buy tools from the Poulan Pro brand?
Poulan Pro chainsaws have been around for quite some time and the brand has a solid reputation.
Although Poulan Pro chainsaws share the same technology as their Husqvarna cousins, they tend to be much cheaper. This makes the Poulan Pro range of chainsaws excellent value for money.
Therefore, Poulan Pro can be considered as the best name for saws for light and medium chain saws market, making them very popular with homeowners.
For the homeowner, Poulan Pro chainsaws are a good mid-level quality that will do the job in the yard. But they are difficult saws to get in Spain.
These are the best reviews of Poulan Pro chainsaw. The 3 models are characterized by their durability, reliability, high power and phenomenal performance.
They are suitable for all homeowners who want a chainsaw that allows them to successfully perform light to heavy cutting tasks on their patios.
They come with all the essential features you would expect from a chainsaw, plus safety features to ensure you stay safe while operating your machine.
To top it all off, these saws come with pocket prices to suit even owners on a tight budget.
Regardless of your chainsaw skills, needs, budget, etc., you’ll find a perfect model for you from previous Poulan chainsaw reviews.
We believe this Poulan Pro Chainsaw review will help you zero down on the chainsaw that is perfect for you.