A safety helmet or hard hat is the main type of head protection which is mainly used by the chainsaw users. Protecting head from the impact of falling branches, getting rid of sawdust, keeping safe the ears from annoying noises of the chainsaw are the main purposes of wearing a chainsaw helmet. And hence you require to pick the best chainsaw helmet.
Safety first. Chainsaw helmet can prevent you from several types of common accidents. A very recommended tool.
I have reviewed couple of best chainsaw helmet, you can check and consider.
- 1 TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet and Hearing Protection System – Amazon’s Choice
- 2 Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Forest Helmet System with Visor and Hearing Protection
- 3 Oregon 563474 Chainsaw Safety Protective Helmet Visor Combo Set
- 4 Greenworks GWSH0 Chainsaw Safety Helmet with Earmuffs
- 5 ERB 14371 Chain Saw Safety Kit – USA manufactured
TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet and Hearing Protection System – Amazon’s Choice
This 5 in 1 safety helmet makes it effortless to supply lively protection in all kinds of tough work circumstances. The job needs to get done, but you want to be protected. The removable, adjustable, and removable security attachments are ANSI and CE approved to provide you with the confidence you deserve.
- Provides the security you want when using chainsaws, trimmers and brush cutters – perfect for forestry kind work
- 5 in 1 chainsaw helmet includes helmet, adjustable/removable earmuffs, plastic visor and mesh visor
- Convenient, simple to fix headband secures firmly on head circumference 52-62 centimeters
- Adaptive, interchangeable/removable mesh and plastic visors give complete protecting from debris and other hazardous matter
- Designed for optimum quality, health and premium security protection
- It has dual visor. One is plastic made and another is made of metal mesh.
- Ear muffs are easily removable or adjustable. They are soft and enough powerful to avoid noises.
- As the clear visor is made of plastic, it doesn’t get foggy in cold weather.
- The helmet is not assembled but it should take a minute or so to figure out how to assemble!
- The head strap is a little flimsy.
Q: Available color?
A: Orange and black.
Q: Where the replacement clear visors can be found?
A: These are the universal visors. You can get it in local departmental stores.
Q: What is the thickness of the clear visor?
A: It is 0.0625 inch thick.
Its a solid hat protection at a great price, that works well. Hat fit great. Shields are nice. Ear muffs are great. Great product for the money.
Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Forest Helmet System with Visor and Hearing Protection
Outstanding Products for exceptional yards. Fantastic yards demand equipment that is as committed and hardworking as you. Fortunately Husqvarna provides everything your need from lawnmowers and ride-on mowers to chainsaws and trimmers to let you master your great outdoors.
The Husqvarna Pro Forest helmet includes
- UV-protected orange hard hat
- flexible 6-point suspension
- 25 dB (A) NRR hearing protectors
- face screen along with a rain neck protector
New Hi-Viz Orange colour for enhanced security.
- Highly powerful ear muffs
- Only 1.7 pounds in weight
- The visor is metal made so it doesn’t get foggy as the glass visors
- Has an inner strap so that it fits in any size of head
- Gets a bit little hot in the warm weather but acceptable.
- Instructions are not clear as it should be
Q: Can the face shield be bought separately?
A: Yes, it can be.
Q: What is the visor made of?
A: The visor is made of lightweight metal.
Q: How’s the ventilation system?
A: There are some small holes in the helmet to ventilate the air.
Very well designed. and highly recommended. A five star product to have and use when cutting trees with a chainsaw.
Oregon 563474 Chainsaw Safety Protective Helmet Visor Combo Set
Oregon best chainsaw helmet and visor combination with ear protection includes 6 ventilation holes, strong flip up and down visor and adjustable harness and earmuffs.
- 6 ventilation holes for high breathability
- 6 point easy to adjust harness
- Stainless steel mesh visor
- Comfortable earmuffs
- You might get it a bit difficult to assemble the different parts of the helmet, but actually its easy if you read the instruction manual.
Q: What is the db rating on the ear muffs?
A: The DB rating is 25.9.
Overall a good functional safety helmet. The chainsaw helmet suspension has 6 points of support and a dial to adjust the fit. The dial adjustment is very useful especially if you occasionally wear a hat under the helmet.
It has a wire mesh face screen. It has 3 positions: fully raised, fully lowered, and partially lowered. The screen is large compared to other helmets. The ear muffs are suspended on 2 wires and give a tight fit that helps to hold the helmet in place.
Works exactly as advertised. Simple and functions perfectly. Worth the money.
Greenworks GWSH0 Chainsaw Safety Helmet with Earmuffs
The Greenworks best chainsaw helmet provides optimal protection from blows and impacts. Also provides added protection when using chainsaws, string trimmers, pole saws and more! Hi-Viz color for improved visibility. Weigh is less than 2 lbs.
- Removable mesh screen protects face from flying debris
- Adjustable and removable earmuffs
- Universal fit – convenient dial knob allows for quick and easy adjustment
Q: Is the screen metal-made?
A: No, it is a wire made mesh.
Q: Are the ear muffs removable?
A: Yes, they are removable even while the visor is on.
- It doesn’t have any chin strap. So it seems the helmet can be dropped while the user is not cautious.
This helmet might be a good choice for the people who are looking for a light helmet. It’s comparatively lighter than most other best chainsaw helmets!
ERB 14371 Chain Saw Safety Kit – USA manufactured
This is a very nice forestry helmet system manufactured in the USA. This kit features a full line of safety items to help protect the average worker when using a chainsaw. It features a Orange Omega II helmet.
- Omega II helmet
- Visor carrier attachment
- Sound shield ear muff
- Steel mesh face screen
- Anti-fog goggles
- It has anti-fog goggles that keep your eyes safe from fog. The lenses of the goggles is made of poly-carbonate with a vinyl frame which fits more securely.
- Ear muff for keeping your ears safe from noisy sounds of the chainsaw.
- It has a chin strap which is made of durable elastic that gives the user an extra comfort. It can be used for more security.
- NRR rating is 28dB which is an excellent noise reduction rating.
- The ear muffs can be flipped easily when the user needs to hear something.
- As it’s weight is 2.75 pounds, it is a bit heavier than others.
Q: Does it come assembled?
A: No, you need to assemble the various parts.
Q: Does it have a chin strap?
A: Yes, it has.
Q: Are the ear muffs adjustable?
Just wow! Very nice quality, fit and finish. The entire set except the goggles is made in the U.S.A. including the ear protection and the helmet. Perfect for Protection.