Do you own a nice little yard with plenty of trees, then you are surely enjoying the company of green trees and the smell of fresh air.
But the problem comes when the hedges or branches of the high trees overgrow, making the trees look a bit crooked and not neat and you need some tool to prune them off.
The perfect tool for you is the pole saw. There’s a category among them known as manual pole saw, which is a good choice to trim high or medium high branches.
They are very lightweight, reducing the stress on your hands, back and legs. You can even check out the powered pole saw, which become a bit heavier though, but they are quite shorter than the manual ones.
The manual pole saw doesn’t produce much noise as compared to the engine-powered ones; which are just as loud as factory equipment. But powered ones are much stronger than manual ones.
Keeping the intro out of the way, let’s straight away jump into the guide of the best manual pole saw.
- 1. Fiskars 14 Feed Extend Tree Pruner – Best rated manual pole saw
- 2. Silky Telescopic 179-39 manual pole saw [21-Feet] – Best telescoping manual pole saw
- 3. Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series Landscaper Pole Saw – Best professional manual pole saw
- 4. Gilmour 20-18 16-Inch Curved Blade Commercial Grade Pole Saw – Best manual pole saw pruner
- 5. Notch 40207 Pole Saw Set – Amazon’s Choice
- 6. INTBUYING 26 Foot Length Tree Pole Pruner– Best pruner with scissors
- 7. Wicked Ultra Light Pole Saw – Best lightweight manual pole saw
1. Fiskars 14 Feed Extend Tree Pruner – Best rated manual pole saw
The best thing about this particular product is that it has one of the best and innovative designs in this area of the market. The build quality is just too good; you’re gonna have a satisfying experience after using it.
You can easily cut high branches without any problems, and it is very lightweight too. This is one of the best product among the Fiskars manual pole saws in the market.Check Price in Amazon
- The pruner can extend up to 14 feet, so you will never need a ladder to cut branches are very high above the ground.
- The implementation of Power Lever Technology helps you to get twice the amount of power from the same source.
- There are two pruners given to us, which can be exchanged very easily. One is the precision-ground steel pruner to cut smaller branches of up to 1 to 1/8 inch thickness.
- The second one is the larger 15-inch WoodZig Saw, which can even cut humongous sizes of branches.
- The trimmer fits into the natural shape of your hands, so you can adjust very fast.
- The poles are made of fiberglass, and they are oval in shape for better flexibility, and you can cut the branches with more precision.
- There is a secure double lock system so that the pole which is extended doesn’t go back to its initial position.
- If you buy it on Amazon, you get a lifetime warranty, so you don’t have to worry about wasting your money on repairs and maintenance.
- Even though the pole is made of fiberglass, it’s very very strong; and quiet unbreakable.
- Some users have reported a bad build-quality, and that it starts breaking apart as soon we start using it rigorously.
- Some have also said that the locking mechanism is not up to the mark, and it slips very often.
- Some customers have said that they are getting an incomplete pole saw, and some of the necessary parts are missing.
Overall, because of the lightweight and powerful design, this product becomes one of the very best manual pole saw out there.
2. Silky Telescopic 179-39 manual pole saw [21-Feet] – Best telescoping manual pole saw
This pole saw is extendable to a humongous 21 feet, which will make you able to prone almost every single branch of any tree in your yards, and that too without the risk of using ladders.
There are 3 extensions, and 4 poles; so it can reach to a giant height of 26 feet. The best thing is it can not only be used for trimming or pruning, but also for arborist and forestry; also in lawn and garden.Check Price in Amazon
- For extended life of the blades, we can clean it with a solvent; making it one of the best manual pole saw.
- The pole saw weighs 6.9 pounds, so you don’t need to be a professional wrestler to lift it.
- The poles are made up of aluminum so that you get both; the high tensile strength as well as weight which is immensely smaller than that of iron.
- We don’t require any tools to remove the saw head, and we can do so within a small number of seconds.
- Another great thing about this product is that it can be used to trim any kind of tree, like palms, evergreens, deciduous, fruit & nut-bearing trees.
- To prevent the slipping of pole joints, positive locking adjustability is equipped.
- We can replace the blade without any problems, and hence reduce our cost on replacements of the whole product.
- The aluminum alloy extensions are shaped ovally to give maximum control and flexibility while we are working.
- We cannot use them near electric hazard areas, it may cause malfunctions.
- Some users have reported that the build quality is poor, and it breaks down very fast.
Overall, this product is recommended by many professionals, and it really comes in handy if you are a yard owner or a professional yourself; this is one of the top manual pole saw.
3. Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series Landscaper Pole Saw – Best professional manual pole saw
The good thing about this product is that it can be used at very different heights by using the help of a 3 pole system which comes built-in with the box.
The professional quality makes it one of the best manual pole saw available in the market.Check Price in Amazon
- The ferrules are made up of aluminum for maximum non-rust, strength as well as lightweight.
- The external leaf spring lock helps to provide you secure and safe work experience.
- For lightning-fast, and cleaner cuts, there is a 16-inch Barracuda Tri-cut saw blade equipped.
- The base pole is 6-inches long, so you don’t need the extra work of using the extended poles while cutting not so high branches.
- There are two extended poles, which are of 6-feet each, so that the maximum height we can reach is 18 feet.
- The price is very reasonable too, and you don’t need to be a Bill Gates to buy it.
- Because it comes with a landscape package, you will get many trimming tools.
- Many users have told that the build quality is superb, and you won’t have any problems even if you are an extreme user.
- The design is very good too, you can achieve feats which require a lot of time with much lesser time and perfectly; making you much more efficient.
- The saw head is non-removable, so you may face some problems while using.
- Some users have reported that the locking system sometimes slips, and causes problems every now and then.
Overall, this product is very good, and we definitely recommend it to you; it is one of the best manual pole saw available in the market.
4. Gilmour 20-18 16-Inch Curved Blade Commercial Grade Pole Saw – Best manual pole saw pruner
The saw head is made of durable cast aluminium, so you get minimum rust, long-lasting factor; as well as the perfect ratio of strength to weight.Check Price in Amazon
- The size of the blade is 16-inches, and it is curved in the perfect angles to give maximum accuracy while cutting.
- The blade is coated with a non-stick material, so you don’t have to clean it very often.
- There are three poles, of 6-inch height; one is the main pole of 4-inch diameter, the other two are of one inch each.
- All the poles are made of fiberglass, so you get maximum strength and reduced weight.
- There’s a problem while cutting high branches, sometimes even after cutting them, they don’t come down and get stuck. But there’s a hook in this product equipped near the blade for pulling them down.
- The replacement parts are easily available, which helps you to prolong the life of this product.
- The price of this product is not that high, it’s very reasonable.
- The blades are not very sharp, it may cause problems for you while cutting branches with big diameters.
- Some of the important parts are made of plastic; which reduces the robustness which may cause some durability issues if you use it very often.
- We cannot extend it by a fourth pole, because it may get uncontrollable while working; even though we are provided with an option of extended it, we don’t recommend it.
So, you can use this product surely if you are a domestic user, as it is a good manual pole saw, but if are commercial users; then we recommend you to go for some other robust product.
5. Notch 40207 Pole Saw Set – Amazon’s Choice
This product is indeed very good; we can be sure of this because it is officially chosen by Amazon as one of the best manual pole saws in the E-commerce site.
- The blade is very very thick, which gives maximum durability while using.
- The size of the blade is 15 inches, it is a heavy-duty blade; providing maximum robustness.
- The whole set is made of three six-inch-long fiberglass poles; so you reach maximum heights.
- The poles are made of patented NOTCH fiberglass, which gives you maximum durability, long-lastingness, and strength.
- The utilization of high carbon highly increases the robust property of these poles.
- The chrome-plating helps you a lot; as it increases the rust-resistance, you don’t need to take many precautions to prevent rusting.
- This product is extremely easy to use, and it makes the hard work of cutting high branches very very easy.
- The quality of this pole saw is very very good, and it gives the user experience of products costing double the price of this.
- It can even cut branches with 5-7 inches diameter, which can be very hard even for engine powered pole saws.
- It can be sometimes hard for old people to use this; as it becomes a bit heavy if you use it with both the extensions; but only one extension shouldn’t be of any problems.
- Some users have not received a saw; which should have been included in the box.
Apart from being a little heavy; it is a very good manual pole saw, and it can even be used especially by people who are not as strong as they were.
6. INTBUYING 26 Foot Length Tree Pole Pruner– Best pruner with scissors
Being four centimeters thick; it is thicker than most of the other manual pole saws in the market. The scissors which come out of the box really helps a lot to cut small branches; as well as in pulling half-cut or fully cut branches down.Check Price in Amazon
- We can use a 14 inch blade too, for optimal reasons; this will facilitate easier cutting of big branches and limbs.
- Lightweight design, weighing just a minuscule 11.95 pounds.
- Made of strong fiberglass poles.
- The fiberglass poles are very very strong; which may be a surprising fact for some people.
- Not that expensive; making it affordable to almost everyone who wants to use it.
- Able to cut branches which have a diameter of 6-7 inches, but you need to be a little patient to do so.
- The 26-foot option will get a little heavier, so you may not be able to work so efficiently, but you can use the 19 foot length without any problems.
- The cut is a bit slow, and you need to be a little patient for working with thick branches, but the cut is gonna be very good if you wait for a while.
- The assembly points are a bit weak, and it can get a little wobbly when you use it for high heights.
- The saw blade is very thin, this may cause imperfect cuts when you use it.
This product is good, but not that up to the mark; it can be used greatly, but we don’t recommend it for commercial users who need robust pole saws.
7. Wicked Ultra Light Pole Saw – Best lightweight manual pole saw
The best thing about this particular product is that it is super lightweight, and you don’t need to be a Hercules to operate it even at very high heights.https://amzn.to/2Kpm2uz
- The telescoping pole design proves to be very helpful while you are at an extreme pruning session.
- The utilization of lightweight aluminium helps you to work harder for a longer time than usual.
- The blades are of made of steel with high carbon design, facilitating lower rust and higher durability.
- The productivity of the pole saw doesn’t decrease even though the weight is so cut down.
- You can also use this product as a hand saw; so that you can even cut the branches at ground level too.
- There are two models, namely the 10 feet model and the 14 feet model, which gives the option to choose on the basis of our convenience.
- The blade has a length of 11 inches, so you won’t have any problems in cutting any branches whatever the accessible height is.
- The scabbard is made of heavy duty nylon plastic material so that you get maximum durability and robustness.
- When we are transporting the pole saw, sometimes the scabbard slips away; to prevent it an innovative blade punch mechanism is provided.
- There is a very comfortable rubber grip provided both on the pole as well as the saw handle.
- We can cut through all kinds of wood due to the high carbon saw utilized perfectly.
- Some users have reported that the blade design is not that good, and it doesn’t cut that well.
- Some users have also said that the blade length is too short, and you may face problems while cutting extremely high branches.
- Some reviewers have also told that this product is made of a little bit cheap material, but it’s alright for the price you pay.
Overall, the build quality of this product is very good, and you get maximum ease of usage and durability; making it one of the best manual pole saws in the market.
How To Use A Manual Pole Saw?
One of the most useful techniques in using long extended manual pole saws is utilizing the flexure of the poles while sawing. When we extend the pole saw with one or two extensions we experience the flexure of the pole saw.
This is sometimes deemed to be a problem or a flaw by new users; but we can use it to our own good by using the force it creates to cut; which in turn reduces stress to our body when we use them.
While using the pole saw for rigid jobs for a long time, make sure that after each stroke, you relax for a second or two; just loosen the tight grip with which you are holding the pole.
This reduces the extreme amount of stress you may face while working for a long time. This also allows the circulation of blood into your muscles, and you will not wear out fast.
Now let’s see how to use a manual pole saw perfectly without any flaws:
- Firstly, you have to wear safety glasses whenever you use the pole saw; like whenever! Also, use safety gloves made out of leather to make sure you are perfectly safe.
- Pull the inner section of the pole saw out from the outer section and thus increasing the height on which you can prune on.
- Definitely lock the extension by an inbuilt locking system; if it is absent, then you can use a nut to bolt them.
- Then, go on and cut the limb, but quickly move away to prevent the falling of the branches on your body.
So, this was our guide to the best manual pole saw available in the market. Hope you found the article helpful; and you got the perfect dream product for yourself.
If you are in confusion whether or not to go for a manual pole saw, then we highly recommend you to go for it. It gives a good work out for your hands, and won’t need separate exercises to keep yourselves fit.
We have listed many of the best manual pole saw here. All of them are different from each other based on their mode of working, method of usage, characteristics, etc.
Choose wisely and enjoy the benefits the products you choose have to give. Happy Pruning!